You're well on your way to writing your e-book in just two weeks, so congratulations! Today prepare to get down to the real "meat" of the project.
Reminder: Visit the official challenge thread to access all of the pre-challenge reading on e-book publishing, and for a running list of daily challenge tasks. If you can’t participate during these 14 days, you’ll be able to use the information in that post at any time later to challenge yourself as well.
Let's get to it!
- Start writing!!!
You don't need too much instruction today (or for the next few days). You're just going to be busy writing, writing, writing the content for your new e-book. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Remember to use your outline to keep you focused and moving along. It's going to remind you how much you have left to cover at any given point, allowing you to best allocate your time.
- You have four days (including today) to write the main content of your e-book. It might not sound like a lot of time, but you can do it! Think about how much time you can invest each of those four days, and budget that time wisely based on the length goal / estimate you set previously.
- Don't stress too much about making it "perfect" during the writing process. You'll have another two days set aside for editing and cleaning it up.
- Don't write your introduction today. Save that for the last writing day, so you can refer back to what you actually included (that's something which can change during the course of writing your e-book).
Work hard, work smart, and good luck!
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Why You’ll Fail at Freelancing if You Suck at Math - February 6, 2016
- Why (and How) to Launch Your Author Blog Before Your Book - February 4, 2016
- February Writing Challenge: 30 Blog Posts in 30 (er, 29) Days - February 1, 2016
- Building Author Visibility Before a Book Launch: A 10-Point Plan - January 26, 2016
- 7 Unconventional Ways to Find Freelance Writing Jobs - January 25, 2016