You're well on your way to writing your e-book in just two weeks, so congratulations! Today prepare to get down to the real "meat" of the project.
Reminder: Visit the official challenge thread to access all of the pre-challenge reading on e-book publishing, and for a running list of daily challenge tasks. If you can’t participate during these 14 days, you’ll be able to use the information in that post at any time later to challenge yourself as well.
Let's get to it!
- Start writing!!!
You don't need too much instruction today (or for the next few days). You're just going to be busy writing, writing, writing the content for your new e-book. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Remember to use your outline to keep you focused and moving along. It's going to remind you how much you have left to cover at any given point, allowing you to best allocate your time.
- You have four days (including today) to write the main content of your e-book. It might not sound like a lot of time, but you can do it! Think about how much time you can invest each of those four days, and budget that time wisely based on the length goal / estimate you set previously.
- Don't stress too much about making it "perfect" during the writing process. You'll have another two days set aside for editing and cleaning it up.
- Don't write your introduction today. Save that for the last writing day, so you can refer back to what you actually included (that's something which can change during the course of writing your e-book).
Work hard, work smart, and good luck! 🙂
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writing Pros – New Site. New Community. Next Month. - January 18, 2017
- Want a Successful Writing Career? Do What You Love (and Learn to Love What You Do) - January 16, 2017
- How I Use Todoist to Organize Writing Projects and Get More Done - January 11, 2017
- Want to Launch a New Blog? Follow Along With My 3-Month Blogging Challenge - January 9, 2017
- What do You Want in 2017? (An Alternative to New Year’s Resolutions) - January 2, 2017