NaNoWriMo is just around the corner, and I wanted to share a couple of free resources All Freelance Writing offers for authors participating in November's challenge.
In a mad rush to reach 50,000 words in your next novel, it's essential that you keep track of your word count. Better yet, why not publish your word count each day or week on your favorite writing forum, your blog, or social media profile where others in your network can help to keep you accountable?
If that's your plan, I hope you'll check out our two word count trackers. Both were contracted and developed exclusively for All Freelance Writing readers, and they're both completely free for you to use during NaNoWriMo or in any writing project you pursue.
Here is some quick background information on both word count trackers we offer:
- Simple Word Count Tracker -- This is the most basic version. Just enter your current word count and your target word count and hit "calculate." Then click the link below the sample to preview either a small or large word count tracker bar that you can share with your readers or network. If the two default sizes don't work for you, just click the "advanced options" link. You'll then be able to choose the exact dimensions and progress bar colors you want.
- Advanced Word Count Tracker -- We call this our advanced word count tracker because it can be used for much more than word counts -- anything from tracking your novel to your weight loss goals. In the "what are you counting" section, just choose "words" from the dropdown menu. Enter your goal -- your target word count -- and then enter your current word count. There are three widths to choose from, and you can decide whether you want to display just your word count and goal or also the percentage completed.
I hope you find these useful as you work on your books, blogs, and other writing next month.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Find Out Where You Waste the Most Time - July 29, 2014
- Vote to Decide August’s Monthly Writing Challenge - July 25, 2014
- The Horror Writers Association Opens Its Doors to Indie Authors - July 24, 2014
- Recommended Resource: NameSilo for Domain Registrations - July 23, 2014
- Quick Tip: Speed Up Your WordPress Blog by Identifying Slow Plugins - July 22, 2014