NaNoWriMo is just around the corner, and I wanted to share a couple of free resources All Freelance Writing offers for authors participating in November's challenge.
In a mad rush to reach 50,000 words in your next novel, it's essential that you keep track of your word count. Better yet, why not publish your word count each day or week on your favorite writing forum, your blog, or social media profile where others in your network can help to keep you accountable?
If that's your plan, I hope you'll check out our two word count trackers. Both were contracted and developed exclusively for All Freelance Writing readers, and they're both completely free for you to use during NaNoWriMo or in any writing project you pursue.
Here is some quick background information on both word count trackers we offer:
- Simple Word Count Tracker -- This is the most basic version. Just enter your current word count and your target word count and hit "calculate." Then click the link below the sample to preview either a small or large word count tracker bar that you can share with your readers or network. If the two default sizes don't work for you, just click the "advanced options" link. You'll then be able to choose the exact dimensions and progress bar colors you want.
- Advanced Word Count Tracker -- We call this our advanced word count tracker because it can be used for much more than word counts -- anything from tracking your novel to your weight loss goals. In the "what are you counting" section, just choose "words" from the dropdown menu. Enter your goal -- your target word count -- and then enter your current word count. There are three widths to choose from, and you can decide whether you want to display just your word count and goal or also the percentage completed.
I hope you find these useful as you work on your books, blogs, and other writing next month.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp 3rd Edition Released, Save 35% Through Cyber Monday - November 23, 2015
- How to Boost Your Writing Income Before the End of the Year - November 13, 2015
- What’s Your NaNoWriMo Plan? - November 2, 2015
- Productive Writing During NaNoWriMo (Infographic) - October 23, 2015
- Updates on the All Indie Writers Podcast - October 22, 2015