I just wanted to check in with readers on the blogging experiment to show you how to earn a 3-figure income in just 3 months. It's been a little over a week.
I'm seeing small amounts of traffic flow in, primarily from one of the forums where I network. I posted there asking members (since they're some of the target audience of the site), which post series they'd like to see first. That's helped a bit -- direct interest and awareness from the post, plus extremely easy market research for me.
One thing had me really worried until last night. The primary revenue source for this blog is expected to be Adsense (at least until the affiliate ads have had time for testing and I've put together a short information product to sell directly through the site for income). Yet Adsense was only showing public service announcements (PSAs) for several days since adding them. It doesn't usually take so long to get real ads on my sites, and I know there's a decent selection of ads in this niche. There was apparently an issue in the robots.txt file (not something I'd added manually, so it was unusual). Fortunately I found it and fixed it, making sure the Adsense bot was able to crawl my site to determine the keywords the ads should be based on. Now the ads are displaying properly, so I can get the focus on increasing traffic and conversions.
I'm also working on the short paid product to release, so that's the big project at the moment. It should be released shortly, at which point I'll increase the promotion since I'll have a point to push (the product).
And that's where we stand. I'm going to get a bit big for my britches here and say that I actually think this blog is going to hit 3 figures (or pretty close to it) in the first month -- if I get my rear in gear and get the product released that is. Better get back on it!