If you've been a reader of All Indie Writers (and previously All Freelance Writing) for a while, you know I'm a big fan of what I like to call "query-free freelancing." This is a marketing strategy that takes a different approach than traditional querying to land freelance writing gigs. Instead, it's about doing things that attract clients to you. A big part of that is building your writer platform.
Several years ago I released an e-book called The 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp for Freelance Writers. The purpose of the e-book was to guide you through an aggressive start to building your professional platform -- setting up a simple professional website, launching your first virtual blog tour, releasing your first free and paid information products, and more. However, some of the content was long overdue for an update.
I'm happy to announce that update is finally here. The second edition of the e-book is now available.
What's New in the Second Edition?
- A few tips changed or were removed revolving around things like link building efforts and press release distribution. This is a result of best practices changing over time as well as distribution platform and Google algorithm changes.
- The e-book is now tied to my 3 Beat Media / 3 Beat Books brand, and site references and resource links have been updated to reflect the content's new home here at All Indie Writers.
- There were some minor design changes.
- Several former recommended resources had to be removed and replaced with tools I currently recommend. That's not to say resources in the original version are now "bad" in any way. But some of them haven't been updated in a while which makes them a security risk (such as WordPress plugins), and in other cases I've simply found more recent alternatives that I consider better.
A Note to Buyers of the Original Version
In general, past buyers of my e-books will not be eligible for free upgrades when new editions are released. But I'm making an exception in this case because this version marks the kick-off of the full series of e-books and reports coming under The Query-Free Freelancing name.
To access the new version, use your existing download links in the order emails you received. If you can't find these, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order email address, transaction number, and name. As soon as I verify your order, I'll have a fresh download link sent to you.
What are you waiting for? Learn more about The 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp for Freelance Writers today, preview the table of contents for the full e-books, and read the introduction and the first day's activities FREE.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Look Beyond Your Bubble for Freelance Writing Advice - July 28, 2015
- Review of The Freelancer Planner - July 15, 2015
- Quick Tip: Determine Your “Perfect Day” - July 14, 2015
- Is Grammarly a Good Tool for Professional Writers? - July 8, 2015
- Quick Tip: Keep Blog Post Ideas Coming by Writing a Series - July 7, 2015