It's time for round two of your blog promotions (virtual blog tour plus commenting). I won't get too much into the background since these are exercises you've already done in the marketing bootcamp. They're simply things you have to keep on doing if you want to maximize results like visibility.
- Identify five new blogs in your niche ("new" as in not ones you pitched guest posts to previously). Remember to look through their archives to get a decent feel for their views, what they blog about, and whether or not they have any history of accepting guest posts.
- Brainstorm some new guest post ideas -- custom-tailored ideas for each of those blogs to pitch.
- Write your five guest post articles.
- Pitch the articles to the bloggers.
- Comment on at least five niche blogs today, remembering to leave your link and name (and make the comments relevant and non-spammy).
Remember, even if the guest blog post hosts don't want the articles, they won't go to waste. Add them to your own blog if you'd like, pitch them to another blogger, or you could even add them to an article directory for article marketing (as a last resort though). It's a good idea to give a response deadline in your pitch. This way the blogger will know that after that time you'll be pitching the post elsewhere so it won't be eligible for unique publication.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Authors Attack: Dealing With Negative Book Reviewers - November 21, 2014
- All Indie Writers: New Design, Newsletter, and Other Updates - November 17, 2014
- Podcast E-book Giveaway Results - November 11, 2014
- Princess Jones to Guest Co-Host the All Indie Writers Podcast - November 10, 2014
- Ask a Blogging Question. Win an E-book. - November 6, 2014