We're working on your last big platform-building project of this marketing bootcamp for freelance writers this week. You're in the process of creating another information product -- a longer one this time, and one that you'll sell rather than give away as an authority-building tool. Let's get on with it.
- In your last set of exercises you outlined your e-book idea and you setup the basic document. Today take that outline and break it into a workable table of contents.
- Get drafting. This is what you'll be working on for the next several days, so don't feel like you have to get it all written in one sitting. Go back to your outline and start drafting the main body copy (do not write the introduction or conclusion until the body text is completed -- other than that, you can start anywhere).
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- “Pay What You Can” Sale on My Marketing Boot Camp E-book, This Week Only - November 24, 2014
- Authors Attack: Dealing With Negative Book Reviewers - November 21, 2014
- All Indie Writers: New Design, Newsletter, and Other Updates - November 17, 2014
- Podcast E-book Giveaway Results - November 11, 2014
- Princess Jones to Guest Co-Host the All Indie Writers Podcast - November 10, 2014