For this week's new resource, let's turn our attention to promoting your writing business. Whether that means promoting your freelance writing services, marketing a book, or growing your blog, there are numerous ways you can turn to other types of writing to promote your work.
To point you in the right direction, here are 41 types of content and copywriting you can turn to when you need new promotional ideas, or in fleshing out your overall content strategy.
Audio / Video
1. Charts and Graphs
2. Comics / Cartoons
3. Illustrations / Drawings
1. Blog Posts
2. Pinterest Boards
3. Social Media Profiles
1. Cheat Sheets
3. Slideshows / Presentations
1. Help Desk / FAQs
2. Product Manuals
4. White Papers
3. Case Studies
News / PR
1. Media Advisories
2. Media Kits
4. Press Releases
5. Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
1. Ad Copy
2. Email Marketing Campaigns
3. Product Descriptions
4. Sales Pages
You can download a .pdf version below to print out and keep in your idea file.
Do you have other examples of content or copy not included here? Leave a comment to share any additional suggestions.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Story Setting Inspiration for Writers (When You Can’t Plan a Visit) - May 26, 2016
- Pen Names and Gender Anonymity (Podcast) - May 9, 2016
- Edward Beaman on Choosing His Freelance Writing Specialty - May 6, 2016
- Get Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writers - May 4, 2016
- Should You Critique a Friend’s Writing? (Podcast) - April 30, 2016