I try to give you a few daily freelance writing jobs and blogging jobs throughout the work week, to help you find new gigs. Today I'd like to share a list of sites that you can search on your own at any time to find even more freelance writing gigs.
I've found from experience that, often, the best gigs you can find on the Web are unadvertised ones that you'll land through networking - but when you do want to see what's "out there," I hope these sites help.
Recommended Sites for Freelance Writing Jobs
Here are some of my personal favorites when it comes to looking for writing and blogging jobs:
- Indeed.com (Affiliate link) -This is the top site in my book, because it allows you to search multiple job sites at once - it can be a big time-saver when you're looking for any type of job.
- CraigsList - Yes, I know they get ragged on for the crappy ads often posted. That said, they also tend to have far more publicly advertised gems than most other sites, at least as far as freelance writing jobs go (and I've found some of the higher paying blogging jobs also get advertised here).
- About Freelance Writing - Anne usually has some of the most comprehensive freelance writing job listings out there. Check them out.
- All Freelance Writing - Well, obviously I recommend this site. I try to post writing jobs and / or blogging jobs Monday - Friday.
- Journalism Jobs - While this site has far more full-time writing jobs than freelance writing gigs, it's still one of my favorites. While I don't respond to a lot of public ads personally, when I do they're often from this site (and I've landed some very nice gigs through them).
- MediaBistro - This is another one I love for the gems you can find with a bit of digging. You'll need to register (for free) to see the full job details though.
- ProBlogger - Darren's job board is one of the best places out there to find freelance blogging jobs.
Other Sites for Freelance Writing Jobs
Here are other sites where you can find freelance writing jobs and freelance blogging jobs, or writer's markets always open to freelance submissions.
While I don't take issue with most of them, please don't consider their inclusion in this list to be an actual recommendation from me.
A few of the sites here even made my list of the WORST sites for finding freelancing writing jobs - I simply felt it wouldn't be fair to exclude them because I don't care for them personally. How you use them is entirely up to you. They won't all be everyone's cup of tea.
They're listed alphabetically, so please don't take their position in this list to mean one site is "better" than another.
- Absolute Write - Paying Markets
- Career Builder
- Creative Weblogging
- FreelanceWriting.com - Morning Coffee
- Media Job Market
- Performancing Forums
- Worldwide Freelance Writer
- The Write Market
- Writer's Digest - Hot Markets
- Writers-Guidelines.com (disclaimer - I own this one)
- Writing For Dollars
As always, best of luck in the job hunt!
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Story Setting Inspiration for Writers (When You Can’t Plan a Visit) - May 26, 2016
- Pen Names and Gender Anonymity (Podcast) - May 9, 2016
- Edward Beaman on Choosing His Freelance Writing Specialty - May 6, 2016
- Get Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writers - May 4, 2016
- Should You Critique a Friend’s Writing? (Podcast) - April 30, 2016