About All Indie Writers
All Indie Writers is a resource and community for freelance writers, indie publishers, and independent bloggers looking to build a successful writing career.
The site is owned by professional blogger, freelance business writer and author, Jennifer Mattern. She won't coddle you. She won't feed you feel-good lines about how anyone and everyone can be a successful writer. She won't go out of her way to leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Writing is real work. And All Indie Writers is a resource for professional writers, and those who strive to be, who embrace a strong work ethic and continually strive to improve.
If you think a writing career is going to be handed to you, All Indie Writers isn't for you. If you're looking for someone to reinforce delusions like...
- vanity publishing is just as professional as true independent publishing;
- writing for content mills or media sites that exploit writers is a smart way to get your foot in the door as a freelance writer;
- joining a "tribe" for the perpetual echo chamber and constant self-gratuitous cross-promotion is the best way to promote your blog;
... you probably won't like what you read here.
But if you're serious about your writing career, you're willing to work for it, and you want advice, tips, resources, and a community that can help you out along the way, then you're in the right place.
All Indie Writers History
All Indie Writers was launched in 2013 through the merger of three other websites for writers: All Freelance Writing, All Indie Publishing, and Writing for Bloggers.
The content goes back to 2006 when All Freelance Writing was originally a collaborative blog called Six Figure Writers. The All Freelance Writing brand launched in 2007 when SixFigureWriters.com was merged with Mattern's freelance writing jobs site at AllFreelanceWritingJobs.com.
Over the years, All Freelance Writing alternated between operating as a multi-contributor website and a single-author blog, which it is today.
Find Out What All Indie Writers Can Do For You
- Land more clients.
- Get paid what you're worth.
- Build additional income streams.
- Improve your writing.
- Expand your professional network.
- Build a better work-life balance.
- Set up your first blog.
- Increase blog traffic.
- Make money blogging.
- Become a freelance blogger.
- Improve your blog writing skills.
- Simplify blog admin.
- Build your author platform.
- Professionally publish your book.
- Learn to market your book.
- Learn about author and book PR.
- Connect with your readers.
- Sell more books.
About Jennifer Mattern
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and author. She owns 3 Beat Media, the parent company of All Indie Writers.
Jenn began writing for clients in 1999 and began blogging and Web development projects in 2004. She currently owns and manages numerous websites and blogs covering topics such as small business, social media, writing, and publishing.
She has published several e-books over the past 10 years on topics including Public Relations and freelance writing. She is also currently pursuing independent publishing in fiction, mostly in the horror and cozy mystery genres.
Before becoming a full-time writer and publisher in 2008, Jenn owned a PR firm where she specialized in online PR and social media consulting. Now she reserves those marketing and PR skills for her own business, occasional consulting with long-time clients, and teaching writers how to better build a writer platform and promote their work.
Jenn understands what it takes to succeed as a freelance writer, independent publisher, and professional blogger. Through All Indie Writers she hopes to put her experiences to use helping other freelance writers, authors, and bloggers pursue their own successful writing careers.
Below are some of our post popular resources for writers, found exclusively through All Indie Writers.
If you're new to All Indie Writers, why not start by reading some of the most popular content in the blog archives?
- 30 Ways to Build Your Writer Platform
- 60 Resources for Freelance Writers
- Write a Better About Page for Your Blog
- Make Money Blogging: 20 Blog Revenue Streams
- Should Indie Authors Pay for Book Reviews?
- How to Set Freelance Writing Rates the Right Way
- 11 Ways to Turn Your Creative Writing Passion Into Freelance Opportunities
- Use Ancillary Products to Promote Your Book (and Earn More Money)
- How to Get High Paying Freelance Writing Jobs
- 10 Android Apps for Writers and Bloggers
- How to Write a Blog Business Plan
- A Real Look at Residual Income
- Should Your Turn Your Blog Into a Book?
- 10 Blog Post Ideas to Beat Writer's Block
- Demand Studios: Beyond the Rate Debate
- Blog Post Ideas to Fall Back On
- 20 Things You Can do Today to Market Your Freelance Writing Services
- Indie Publishing Teams: Who to Include
- How to Build a Freelance Writing Portfolio (With Little to No Experience)
- 7 Ways to Double What You Get Done Each Day
- Book Marketing vs Book Publicity: What's the Difference?
- What is Content Marketing and Why Should You Care?
- Freelance Marketing : Market Research and Planning
- Why Author Websites Suck (and Why Yours Doesn't Have To)
- Insulate Yourself From Bad Freelance Clients
- Why I Loathe the Term "Self Publishing"
- Do You Have What it Takes to be a Professional Blogger?
- Another Freelance Marketplace Bites the Dust: Elance Work View
- Zoe Winters on E-book Pricing: Does Low-balling Attract the Wrong Kind of Reader?
- 5 Time Management Tools for Freelance Writers