Happy Friday everyone! Today we kick off our new weekly roundup series (similar to our old Freelance Friday series, but more good stuff). Here's the gist. At the end of each week I'll publish a list of things you might have missed this week -- our writing forum daily discussions, other interesting discussions from the forum, recent posts here on the blog, other posts I've been reading from around the Web, and sometimes I'll highlight a few oldies but goodies that you may have missed or forgotten about.
From the Writing Forums
- How do You Set Your E-book Prices?
- Business Bank Accounts
- What Accounting Software do You Use?
- What Gets You Through Your Work Day?
- How do You Approach Website and Blog Design?
From the Blog
- Freelance Writers: Stand Up for Your Rates - by LaToya Irby
- Messy Subjects and Verbs - by Rebecca Garland
From the Web
- Fair Wages for Freelance Writing - Melanie Brooks at Freelance Switch
- 6 Freelance Writing Fears and How to Overcome Them - Anne Wayman at About Freelance Writing
- You Are a Better Writer Than You Think You Are - Laura Spencer at Writing Thoughts
- Plan a Marketing Strategy for Your Freelance Career - Jake Rocheleau at Freelance Folder
- How the 80-20 Rule Affects Freelance Writers - John Soares at Productive Writers
- 5 Steps to Freelance Awesomeness - Steph Auteri at WordCount
- Putting the Customer Back into Customer Service - Lori Widmer at Words on the Page
- 10 Ways to Ensure No One Will Read Your Blog Content - Ali Luke at Daily Blog Tips
From the Archives
- Free Business Resources for Freelance Writers
- How to Build a Writer Platform and Make Jobs Come to You
- 3 Types of Business Writing That Pay Big Money
- How to Insulate Yourself From Bad Freelance Clients
- Think Twice About Writing for Revenue Share
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- How Important are Creative Writing Degrees for Freelance Writers? - September 15, 2014
- Plan Your Writing Projects With Gantt Charts - September 11, 2014
- Is Your WordPress Database Too Large? Thin Out Revisions - September 9, 2014
- Quick Tip: Mute Twitter Accounts to Cut Back on Social Media Noise - September 3, 2014
- Want to be a Well-Paid Freelance Blogger? Do These 3 Things - August 28, 2014