Happy Friday everyone! Today we kick off our new weekly roundup series (similar to our old Freelance Friday series, but more good stuff). Here's the gist. At the end of each week I'll publish a list of things you might have missed this week -- our writing forum daily discussions, other interesting discussions from the forum, recent posts here on the blog, other posts I've been reading from around the Web, and sometimes I'll highlight a few oldies but goodies that you may have missed or forgotten about.
From the Writing Forums
- How do You Set Your E-book Prices?
- Business Bank Accounts
- What Accounting Software do You Use?
- What Gets You Through Your Work Day?
- How do You Approach Website and Blog Design?
From the Blog
- Freelance Writers: Stand Up for Your Rates - by LaToya Irby
- Messy Subjects and Verbs - by Rebecca Garland
From the Web
- Fair Wages for Freelance Writing - Melanie Brooks at Freelance Switch
- 6 Freelance Writing Fears and How to Overcome Them - Anne Wayman at About Freelance Writing
- You Are a Better Writer Than You Think You Are - Laura Spencer at Writing Thoughts
- Plan a Marketing Strategy for Your Freelance Career - Jake Rocheleau at Freelance Folder
- How the 80-20 Rule Affects Freelance Writers - John Soares at Productive Writers
- 5 Steps to Freelance Awesomeness - Steph Auteri at WordCount
- Putting the Customer Back into Customer Service - Lori Widmer at Words on the Page
- 10 Ways to Ensure No One Will Read Your Blog Content - Ali Luke at Daily Blog Tips
From the Archives
- Free Business Resources for Freelance Writers
- How to Build a Writer Platform and Make Jobs Come to You
- 3 Types of Business Writing That Pay Big Money
- How to Insulate Yourself From Bad Freelance Clients
- Think Twice About Writing for Revenue Share
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Bree Brouwer on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 29, 2016
- Risks and Rewards When Writers Share Personal Stories Online - July 27, 2016
- Ask Us Anything: Taking Questions for Next Week’s Podcast - July 15, 2016
- Catch Up on Recent Writing Podcast Episodes - July 8, 2016
- Wendy Komancheck on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 7, 2016