Land more freelance writing jobs. Get the new 3rd edition of my 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp for Freelance Writers to launch or grow your freelance writing business in 2016. Get yours now.
Happy Friday everyone! Today we kick off our new weekly roundup series (similar to our old Freelance Friday series, but more good stuff). Here's the gist. At the end of each week I'll publish a list of things you might have missed this week -- our writing forum daily discussions, other interesting discussions from the forum, recent posts here on the blog, other posts I've been reading from around the Web, and sometimes I'll highlight a few oldies but goodies that you may have missed or forgotten about.
From the Writing Forums
- How do You Set Your E-book Prices?
- Business Bank Accounts
- What Accounting Software do You Use?
- What Gets You Through Your Work Day?
- How do You Approach Website and Blog Design?
From the Blog
- Freelance Writers: Stand Up for Your Rates - by LaToya Irby
- Messy Subjects and Verbs - by Rebecca Garland
From the Web
- Fair Wages for Freelance Writing - Melanie Brooks at Freelance Switch
- 6 Freelance Writing Fears and How to Overcome Them - Anne Wayman at About Freelance Writing
- You Are a Better Writer Than You Think You Are - Laura Spencer at Writing Thoughts
- Plan a Marketing Strategy for Your Freelance Career - Jake Rocheleau at Freelance Folder
- How the 80-20 Rule Affects Freelance Writers - John Soares at Productive Writers
- 5 Steps to Freelance Awesomeness - Steph Auteri at WordCount
- Putting the Customer Back into Customer Service - Lori Widmer at Words on the Page
- 10 Ways to Ensure No One Will Read Your Blog Content - Ali Luke at Daily Blog Tips
From the Archives
- Free Business Resources for Freelance Writers
- How to Build a Writer Platform and Make Jobs Come to You
- 3 Types of Business Writing That Pay Big Money
- How to Insulate Yourself From Bad Freelance Clients
- Think Twice About Writing for Revenue Share
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- How You Can be a More Prolific Writer – No Superpowers Needed - February 11, 2016
- Why You’ll Fail at Freelancing if You Suck at Math - February 6, 2016
- Why (and How) to Launch Your Author Blog Before Your Book - February 4, 2016
- February Writing Challenge: 30 Blog Posts in 30 (er, 29) Days - February 1, 2016
- Building Author Visibility Before a Book Launch: A 10-Point Plan - January 26, 2016