For this week's Weekend Reading segment, let's look at launching new blogs, from choosing a blog design to developing your blog's content strategy.
If you're thinking about starting your first blog (or a new blog in general) here are some articles and resources that might help.
- How to Start a Blog in 2014 -- By Pete Zaborszky at Make-a-Web-site.com
- How to Launch a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes or Less -- By Michael Hyatt at MichaelHyatt.com
- Beginner Guide: How to Start a Blog From Scratch -- By Mark Riddix at Entrepreneurs-Journey.com
- Blog Design on a Budget: The Complete Guide for Creating a Beautiful, High Converting Blog -- By Gregory Ciotti at SparringMind.com
- The 40 Best Free WordPress Themes -- By Jesse Friedman at CreativeBloq.com
- 9 Hard-Hitting Content Strategies for Small Business Blogging -- By Neil Patel at QuickSprout.com
- Free Blog Content Strategy Checklist -- By Shelly Bowen at Pybop.com
- The Epic List of Content Strategy Resources -- By Jonathon Colman at JonathonColman.org
- How to Build a Blog Audience: The 12 Laws of a Great Start -- By Aaron Baldassare at FalconerWebMarketing.com
- 12 Essential Blogwriting Tips for Building a Successful Blog -- By Leo Babauta at WriteToDone.com
- 5 Steps to Building a Better Blog -- By Derek Halpern at DIYThemes.com
Not sure which hosting company to use for your new blog? I recommend HostGator (where this blog, under its old All Freelance Writing brand) started and MyHosting.com (where I currently host most of my sites, including All Indie Writers).
Note: These are both affiliate links. That means if you visit the hosting company sites through my links and decide that one of them is a good fit for you, I may receive a commission for facilitating the introduction. You can learn more about my advertising policies here.
Jenn has over 17 years experience writing for others, around 12 years experience in blogging, and about a decade of experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- How Writers Can Prepare Now for a Productive New Year - December 8, 2016
- Reader Question: Blogging to Promote Your Freelance Writing Services - December 6, 2016
- “Doing Good” as Motivation to do Great Things - December 5, 2016
- 3 Month Blogging Challenge: Plan Updates & Launch Date - December 2, 2016
- What I Learned Failing NaNoWriMo - December 1, 2016