For this week's Weekend Reading segment, let's look at launching new blogs, from choosing a blog design to developing your blog's content strategy.
If you're thinking about starting your first blog (or a new blog in general) here are some articles and resources that might help.
- How to Start a Blog in 2014 -- By Pete Zaborszky at Make-a-Web-site.com
- How to Launch a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes or Less -- By Michael Hyatt at MichaelHyatt.com
- Beginner Guide: How to Start a Blog From Scratch -- By Mark Riddix at Entrepreneurs-Journey.com
- Blog Design on a Budget: The Complete Guide for Creating a Beautiful, High Converting Blog -- By Gregory Ciotti at SparringMind.com
- The 40 Best Free WordPress Themes -- By Jesse Friedman at CreativeBloq.com
- 9 Hard-Hitting Content Strategies for Small Business Blogging -- By Neil Patel at QuickSprout.com
- Free Blog Content Strategy Checklist -- By Shelly Bowen at Pybop.com
- The Epic List of Content Strategy Resources -- By Jonathon Colman at JonathonColman.org
- How to Build a Blog Audience: The 12 Laws of a Great Start -- By Aaron Baldassare at FalconerWebMarketing.com
- 12 Essential Blogwriting Tips for Building a Successful Blog -- By Leo Babauta at WriteToDone.com
- 5 Steps to Building a Better Blog -- By Derek Halpern at DIYThemes.com
Not sure which hosting company to use for your new blog? I recommend HostGator (where this blog, under its old All Freelance Writing brand) started and MyHosting.com (where I currently host most of my sites, including All Indie Writers).
Note: These are both affiliate links. That means if you visit the hosting company sites through my links and decide that one of them is a good fit for you, I may receive a commission for facilitating the introduction. You can learn more about my advertising policies here.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Find Out Where You Waste the Most Time - July 29, 2014
- Vote to Decide August’s Monthly Writing Challenge - July 25, 2014
- The Horror Writers Association Opens Its Doors to Indie Authors - July 24, 2014
- Recommended Resource: NameSilo for Domain Registrations - July 23, 2014
- Quick Tip: Speed Up Your WordPress Blog by Identifying Slow Plugins - July 22, 2014