Please review the following contributor guidelines before contacting me with a guest post request. Please note that I don’t respond to inquiries if they don’t meet these guidelines.
All Indie Writers no longer publishes many guest posts. Unless you have a prior relationship with me (through this site's forum or blog comments, via social media, etc.), it's unlikely that I'll accept your guest post. If you want to publish a post on this site, familiarize yourself with the blog and resources here and spend time as an active member of the community before pitching me.
I also will not accept any guest contributions submitted on behalf of third parties, such as your clients, whether I know you or not.
- Please do not submit guest contributions that have been previously published elsewhere. You retain all rights to republish your content after it appears on the site.
- Guest contributions should be at least 800 words long.
- Please make sure your guest post is broken down using subheadings and / or lists.
- You may write on any topic relevant to freelance writers, bloggers, or independent authors with two exceptions.
- Articles may not be directly promotional.
- Articles may not promote or support sites, clients, or business models which I feel exploit writers in any way. That includes content mills, freelance bidding sites, and vanity POD publishing outfits like Xlibris, AuthorHouse, and iUniverse. I simply won’t offer space here on All Indie Writers to support the bottom of the barrel in this industry.
- I do not accept guest posts from companies. Guest contributions must be submitted by an individual, and they must be attributed to the individual who pitches the post. More specifically, I do not accept posts from freelancers or marketing and SEO firms submitting articles on behalf of clients.
- I reserve the right to adjust the formatting to fit our site (such as using h2 tags for headings and formatting lists if necessary) and make any other edits as necessary (including editing in-content links that violate our guidelines). Beyond that I generally publish them as submitted, so please proofread your posts. If you're not a native English speaker, it might help to have a third party review your post before submitting. I might fix a couple of typos if I catch them, but if there are a lot it will be sent back to you for revisions or I will reject the post outright.
- No promotional links (meaning links to your site, your company's site, or your client's site) may be included in the article itself.
- Promotional links should be limited to two (2), and they should appear only in the author bio.
- The links must also be relevant to the audience here. For example, linking to your professional site or writing blog is okay. If you’re another kind of freelancer, I’m okay with links to your freelance or small business site where services or advice might be relevant to freelance writers, authors, and bloggers. But a relevant article with links to a pharmaceutical site would not be okay. I also generally don’t accept guest contributions from “online education” sites (I receive too many spammy pitches from them).
- No affiliate links may be included anywhere in a guest contribution.
- Please include a short author bio with your post. Two to four (2-4) sentences is usually enough. You can add this directly to your member account.
- Up to two relevant links may be included in your bio. That includes your professional site, blog, etc. These links may not be affiliate links.
- You must upload an avatar to your account or have your account email address tied to a Gravatar. This image must be a headshot (no random graphics, logos, etc.).
- You can have me add social media links in addition to your bio links. These will show up as social network icons below your avatar in the bio area. Available networks include Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Flickr, and Tumblr. You can add any or all of these or choose to leave them out.
- First register for the free All Indie Writers community. (There is a registration link at the top right corner of every page). Choose a username and log in to access your My Account page where you'll find your user profile. You can add the bio that will appear on the forum and below any accepted posts there.
- If I know you, you can email me an idea with an outline for your post.
- If I don't know you, the full text of your guest contribution must be included in your email.
- Guest contributions or questions should be sent via email to guests(at)allindiewriters(dot)com. Please do not use my general email address or our site’s contact form for these submissions. If you do, they won't be filtered to the guest post review folder, and they will go ignored.
- In your email, let me know what your username is on this site. I need this information to tie your post to your account.
- If you want your post to appear on a specific day, you may request it. However, I make no promises that I can honor any specific date. If you have a specific schedule in mind, please try to submit your post at least two weeks in advance of that date so I can make sure it doesn't interfere with previously-scheduled material.
- I don’t respond to inquiries that don’t meet these guidelines. So please review these carefully if you haven’t received a response.
Thank you!Short URL: http://3bm.co/ZizLnI