Register | Login

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

There are two minor site issues:

1. You might notice that avatars aren’t always showing up — you see the green default one instead.
    2. Marketplace submissions forms aren’t all submitting their data.

I suspect these are both related to a recent update of the caching plugin used here. I have a support request with the plugin developer. If he hasn’t responded with a solution by tomorrow, I’ll swap it out for the older version until I can fix it myself.

In the meantime, you can get around the avatar issue by reloading the page. Then they seem to appear. Just hold off on submitting anything to the writer directory or job board for a day at a most (that will mostly only affect me adding the normal jobs anyway). One way or another, things should be sorted soon. I’m on it. :)

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

The avatar issue was identified. It was actually caused by our custom user avatar plugin that allows you to upload a local avatar instead of using a Gravatar image associated with your registered email list.

I’ve had to disable that plugin, so now we’re using only Gravatar images for user profiles. If the developer gets back to me with a fix, I’ll re-activate it. If he doesn’t within the next few days I’ll see if I can find another option that doesn’t cause any problems.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

The problem with the marketplace submissions was only affecting the job board it seems. That has now been resolved thanks to some recent updates run (it was apparently a conflict after another plugin had a buggy update released).

The avatar issue is not completely resolved, although you shouldn’t notice the problem anymore. The local avatar plugin is still disabled. I haven’t heard back from the developer regarding this issue other than to blame it on another plugin (which was already disabled for testing; it’s not the problem). I’ll test some updates they made to their plugin later this week. If they still haven’t resolved the issue, I’ll look for an alternative. But chances are that we’ll stick to a Gravatar-only avatar policy given how many problems and plugin conflicts these external avatar plugins have caused.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Well for crying out loud….

I take that back. The job board is still giving me some grief with its submission form. It worked less than 10 minutes ago. And now it doesn’t work again. I’ll dig a little deeper early this week and see if I can figure out the issue. Again. Sorry folks.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

While I hesitate to get too excited, I believe the avatar issue is now fixed after running the fresh updates on the local avatar plugin we’re using here. So for now you should be able to upload your own avatar through your profile if you don’t have a Gravatar associated with your email address.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

The job board submission form is fixed. As it turns out, I was the only one affected by the issue anyway, so now I feel silly. :)  But hey, fixed is fixed, so happy day. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.