Register | Login

Forums Other Discussions General Business Anyone here using RescueTime.com?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jessie Jessie 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

As a follow up to my recent post on time management tools for writers, I decided to try RescueTime for myself. Is anyone else here using it?

It wasn’t bad my first day (though I felt like I wasted a good amount of time periodically checking my dashboard and then having to assign categories to countless websites and apps — which I imagine will be an ongoing process). Not sure it actually helped me over serving as another distraction, but it’s certainly a neat tool. :)

Anyway, a quick question if any of you are using it: is there any way to turn it off?

It tracked over 10 hours for me yesterday, including my lunch break and other non-work time, which obviously I don’t want counting against me when measuring work productivity. I didn’t see any obvious start / stop option, but I’d love to be able to do that if it’s possible. Preferably, this would be done manually as I don’t keep the same exact schedule every work day.

Any suggestions?

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jessie
    Jessie
    Participant

Hmm, will check this out and get back to you :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.