Register | Login

Forums Introductions & Administration News and Announcements Avatars Now Appear in the Freelance Writer Directory

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

A quick update on a minor new feature:

All members who signed up for a premium listing in the freelance writer directory will now see their avatar next to their listing. A larger version appears within your profile itself.

Avatars will appear only on submissions from registered members who were logged in when they posted their profile.

Your avatar will either be the avatar you uploaded here through your profile (visit the My Account page to get there), or it will pull your Gravatar associated with your email address.

If you were logged in when you posted your profile but you do not have an avatar or a Gravatar associated with your account, the default avatar shows up (the little green guy). You can fix this by going to your profile and uploading an avatar or visiting Gravatar.com and associating an image with the email address tied to your AIW account (your gravatar would then show on blog comments when you comment here or on other blogs using that email address).

If you were not logged in, you not only missed out on the ability to edit your profile, but you also won’t have any avatar associated with the your listing. If you’d like to fix that, you can register for a free account at All Indie Writers and then contact me. You’ll have to prove your identity by contacting me through the email address you used when posting your profile. If you do that and tell me your new account name, I can associate it with your premium profile.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks to Alicia Rades for the suggestion!

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.