Register | Login

Forums Blogging Blog Setup & Administration Found WordPress 3.9 Problems or Compatibility Issues? Share Them Here!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

I’ve started upgrading my WordPress installations. So far, so good, but I haven’t gotten to my biggest sites yet. That means I’m still waiting to see how it affects some of the more complex plugins I currently use.

This thread is a place for you to share your thoughts and experiences with this WordPress core upgrade. Having problems with new features? Let other bloggers know what they might run into. Notice compatibility problems with a plugin? Let us know so we can keep an eye on upgrades from our favorite plugin developers or find alternative plugins to use. Love everything about it? Let us know that too. :)

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

I’ve updated all of my blogs now except for this one. So far I haven’t come across any problems, thank goodness. :)  You?

LoriWidmer
    Participant

Right now, I’m still sitting at a dot com WP site. I want to make the move to .org, but I just don’t have the know-how yet. I’m giong to start small with my poetry blog, I think.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Hey. I’ve offered to help you make the move several times. So whenever you’re ready, you’ll have a hand if you want it. :)  If we do manage to get together next week after my visitor leaves, I can help you make the move then if you’d like. All you would need to have ready to go is the hosting account and a registered domain name.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

As for WP 3.9, there are indeed a few problems — not with the upgrades screwing with plugins and such, but with new “features.” A reader brought up some concerns about the new visual editor and image editing options over on the blog, and after digging in a bit more, I agree.

1. It sucks that there is no advanced image editor anymore. That means you can’t resize by percentages and you can’t add a border or padding to individual images unless you go in and do it via css or something. Not a problem personally, but I can see the annoyance.

2. The paste from Word aspect doesn’t work properly. It has the same problems it’s always had with spacing — adding an extra line between paragraphs which you then have to manually remove. It gets annoying. But as you’ll hear about in today’s post, I’m doing most of my blogging in Scrivener from now on, so that might not be a big issue for me.

3. And I could swear I came across one other problem, but now I can’t remember what it is, so it must not be that important. ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.