Register | Login

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

I’m planning to release another Scrivener template for bloggers soon, but this time one for bloggers who manage multiple blogs. My plan is to set the template up for three blogs, figuring there might be a personal blog, professional / business blog, and a niche blog. Users can always copy the folders to add more. But that got me thinking about how many blogs most bloggers (or at least most All Indie Writers readers) run.

So tell me, how many blogs do you manage?

I’ve never made it a secret that I run a lot of blogs. It’s one of the three divisions of my business — freelance projects, indie publishing, and Web publishing (with the vast majority of that being blogging).

Currently I have 55-60 WordPress installations, with around 23-25 “active” blogs.

I know it sounds like a lot, but I’ve had the better part of a decade to set them up. Many don’t require anything but basic maintenance (delete spam, approve comments, run updates), and I have a streamlined process that keeps that to 20 min or so on average, and no more than an hour when there are extensive core and plugin updates to handle. Many of them are live but retired or they’re “quiet sites” that I don’t even put my name on. They sit there with existing content earning a bit of ad revenue to support new projects — from active blogs to being more like static content sites. I only have three that I work on every single week, and maybe half a dozen more that get updated in some way bi-weekly. Anything else is less frequent depending on the purpose of the blog.

What about you? How many blogs do you run? And are you happy with that, do you plan to expand, or do you plan to cut back?

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

LoriWidmer
    Participant

I run three at the moment. One gets updated every weekday (at the very least, twice a week). The other two are hit-and-miss. I try to get one post up every two weeks on the poetry blog and one every month on the risk management blog.

Not happy with that schedule, either.

I’m planning to kick up the posting on the other two blogs. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do, so it’s time. :)

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

My posting schedule has been much more sporadic than I’d like lately. I’m hoping all the rainy weather they’re calling for this week will keep me out of the gardens and inside writing. It doesn’t seem to be shaping up that way today though. The sun is calling. :)

Cathy Miller
    Participant

I have 4 right now. Typically, I post to 3 of them about once/week. The 4th one is maybe a couple times a month. I’m hoping my new one so takes off I could drop my business writing altogether. Total dream. ;-)

Cathy Miller, Business Writer/Consultant

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

The newest one is your one for the 3-day walk? Don’t be shy. Feel free to share the links so people can check them out. :)

Yo Prinzel
    Yo Prinzel
    Participant

I am SO excited about Cathy’s new blog! I’ve thought about doing the 3-day walk myself so I can’t wait to really dig into her experiences.

As far as blogs I manage, only 3 of my own right now, with 3 more currently in development. I also run a few client blogs too.

Cathy Miller
    Participant

Jenn & Yo – aw, feel the ♥ :-)

My blog is actually up. I’ve just done a soft launch and hope to do the big girl launch in the next couple of weeks. You can sign up right now and get my freebie on surviving the 3-Day and blog updates. I only plan to send a monthly update (at least for now) that highlights blog posts, new products from my Old Lady Walking store, and whatever else is going on.

The blog is called Why 60 Miles? I’d love if you take a look around. And anyone else from the forum who would like to. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thank you!

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Just signed up. :)

Yo Prinzel
    Yo Prinzel
    Participant

Signing up now!

Cathy Miller
    Participant

Thanks, Jenn & Yo. Real subscribers! ;-) Guess I’ll have to make this happen. :-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.