August 2, 2014 at 6:28 pm #28649
With all the blogging I have to do anyway, I’m focusing on blog posts for August’s challenge rather than flash fiction. I’m going to spread those 30 posts over several blogs, but mostly this one. I also have a few in desperate need of updating (like my business blog and my genealogy blog).
I suppose I just started with my first post on the AIW blog announcing the challenge. 😉August 3, 2014 at 2:17 am #28652
You’re off to a great start. I hope you’ll be blogging about indie author issues!August 3, 2014 at 8:18 am #28655August 3, 2014 at 10:04 am #28656
Of course. Can I ask where the Busy Author’s Marketing Guide fits into the mix / its blog?August 4, 2014 at 9:54 am #28659
I eliminated the blog on that site a while back, moving the content here to AIW. So there won’t be any blogging there. I’m just working on that e-book (along w/ the next QFF e-book), and I’ll release it both here and on its own site. The BusyAuthors.com site will be used mostly for marketing — easier to promote that domain and than a sub-page of this larger site.August 4, 2014 at 10:01 am #28661
While I released some charts that can be used to keep track of submissions, I’m just going to track mine here in the thread. Because I have admin access, I’m able to edit my posts, so I’ll keep it all in one list here. Regular members can’t do that — editing shuts off after 10 minutes (otherwise I’d want to enable revision logging, and that could get database intensive). If you want to do something similar, my recommendation is to copy / paste the list into a new reply in your thread and add it to each time.
I got off to a slow start so I’ll be binge-writing today for a few blogs. I’m only counting work for my own blogs here — not clients.
August 5, 2014 at 12:16 pm #28682
- Writing Challenges Update (and August’s Challenge Details) — All Indie Writers — 8/2
- Work Routines Can Benefit Home Business Owners — BizAmmo — 8/4 (to be published 8/5; link should be live now)
- Online Press Room Basics for Your Small Business — BizAmmo — 8/4 (to be published 8/7; link shouldn’t work until then)
- The Big List of Business Writing Projects — ProBusinessWriter.com — 8/4
- 35 Websites and Blogs Paying $100 per Article — All Indie Writers — 8/4
- Quick Tip: Customize Contact Forms on Your Writer Website — All Indie Writers — 8/5
- New Writing Challenges Added (Plus Free Tracking Charts) — All Indie Writers — 8/6
- Paid Book Reviews and Potential Google Penalties — All Indie Writers — 8/7
- Amazon Tries to Manipulate Indie Authors in Hachette Dispute — All Indie Writers — 8/9
- 7 Time Management Tools for Freelance Writers — All Indie Writers — 8/11
- Bloggers: Get More Twitter Mentions and Followers With This Quick Tip — All Indie Writers — 8/12
- Free Word Count Calendar for a New Writing Challenge — All Indie Writers — 8/13
- Same-Day Delivery, Book Buying Habits, and Indie Authors — All Indie Writers — 8/14
- Have Writing Questions? Get Featured on the All Indie Writers Podcast — All Indie Writers — 8/16
- Interview With Michael Kwan: Freelance Writer and Author — All Indie Writers — 8/18
- Marketing Benefits of Blogging — BizAmmo — 8/19
- Working Hours vs Billable Hours for Freelance Professionals — BizAmmo — 8/19 (set to go live 8/21)
- Quick Tip: Conduct an Author Website Audit — All Indie Writers — 8/19
- Take the “Write Every Day” Challenge — All Indie Writers — 8/20
- 3 Times to Lower Your Freelance Writing Rates — All Indie Writers — 8/25
- Why WordPress is a Great Platform for Your Business Website — BizAmmo — 8/26
- Quick Tip: Back Up or Clone Your WordPress Site with the Duplicator Plugin — All Indie Writers — 8/26
- Free Action Plan Template for Writers and Bloggers — All Indie Writers — 8/27
- Tips for Using Business Credit Cards Responsibly — BizAmmo — 8/28
- Want to be a Well-Paid Freelance Blogger? Do These 3 Things — All Indie Writers — 8/28
- Employee or Independent Contractor: Who Should You Hire for Your Small Business? — BizAmmo — 8/29
- Ancestry Offers Free Access to 1 Billion New Family History Records — Climb Your Family Tree — 8/29
- Getting Your First Client — BizAmmo — 8/30
- Indie Authors Can Now Join the Horror Writers Association — A.J. Klein Author Blog — 8/30
- Updates on New Mysteries — Aria Klein Author Blog — 8/30
Looking good, Jenn 🙂 Reading your work routines post. You know how I adore such topics!August 5, 2014 at 1:28 pm #28686August 10, 2014 at 10:36 am #28770
So far, so good. 🙂 Nine posts written in the first nine days of the month. I’m not sure if I’ll write one today given that it’s a day off, but it’s possible. More likely, I’ll double or triple-up on another day this week (which I’d expect to do anyway).
While my official challenge is simply to cover 30 posts in 30 days, if I can push myself to write more than that, I’d like to. I have new author blogs gearing up for launch or simply more attention soon, so I’ll need to figure out a realistic blogging schedule so I know how many posts I can split among my various blogs.
Thirty probably isn’t far off from a normal month for me anyway, so I’m sure I can do more. I already found out in last month’s challenge that I waste thousands of words every week on overly long emails and other non-essential things. Might as well put some of that energy toward blogging instead. 🙂August 16, 2014 at 1:23 pm #28836
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.