Register | Login

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Right now these forums are all viewable to the public, whether you’re logged into All Indie Writers or not. Tomorrow (Tuesday) that will begin to change.

I left the privacy settings alone while some of the kinks from the forum platform transfer were worked out. But this was always meant to eventually be a members-only community.

That said, membership will still be free.

The first section to be locked down for members-only access will be the critique areas. It doesn’t make sense to ask people to post their work publicly anyway with concerns about duplicate content and even client rights. If that goes well, I’ll start locking down the other sections shortly after.

This area of the forum — consisting of the introductions, news and announcements, and problems and suggestions forums — will remain available, whether you’re logged into the site or not.

As always, if you have any questions, let me know.

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

This plan has been scrapped. The forums will remain viewable to the public. I didn’t care for the way things displayed with them locked down.

The only exception moving forward might be the critiques forums (which I’m probably going to combine into one as it’s not a frequently-used area and it has its own unique privacy concerns).

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.