Register | Login

Forums Freelance Writing Working From Home / Work-Life Balance Moving Your Freelance Writing Business

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

My guy and I recently put in our first offer on a new house. We expect to be in this process for a few weeks at least, but in the next couple of months we should be physically moving to a new location. With that comes moving my business and everything to do with it. 

I'll have to change phone numbers, potentially deal with new licensing and tax requirements depending on where we end up, and move my office to its new home. I expect it to be a lot of work, and probably a huge headache. But in the end I think it's worth it. I'm just hoping the move is settled before the end of the year, when I plan to change my business structure and go through re-branding (the base business; not this site's name). 

Have you had to move your business? What were some of the biggest challenges involved? How did it feel when it was all over and you could finally get back to normal? How long did it take? (still trying to decide how long to take off for the move)

I'd love to hear your thoughts, stories, or tips on moving your business as you change homes. 

Jenn

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.