Register | Login

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Emily F
    Emily F
    Participant

I was going to post yesterday to say that I’d received my first enquiry through my website (as my Dad sending silly messages probably doesn’t count!), but I’ve closed the deal today so I’m happy to announce that I have my first client from my website! It’s only been up since May, I’m going to ask him how he found me (that’s normal, right? When I sign up for things it often asks where you heard about them), but I assume that he found me on Google so will be interesting to see what search terms he used if that’s the case.

It’s not signed and sealed yet, but we’ve discussed the project (writing the content for his website), he’s given me all of the relevant information and he’s agreed my fee, so I’m very confident :) My boyfriend looked over my shoulder as I was sending my quote and said “HOW much?! I wouldn’t pay that!”. So ner-ner-ner-ner-ner to him!

Although it’s not my ‘first’ client by a long way, it’s my first inbound marketing success, so I’m possibly as excited as I was when I got my first client!

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Fabulous news. Congratulations! :)

LOL  Just tell your guy he’s a cheapskate, and take him to dinner when you get paid for the gig. That usually shuts them up. ;)

Keep at it, and before you know it you’ll be hearing from more prospects through your site than you can handle! :)

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Sharon Hurley Hall
    Participant

Congrats, Emily! That’s a huge achievement! :)

Professional Writer for 25+ years: Online Writing Portfolio : Writing Career Advice : Google+ Profile

Emily F
    Emily F
    Participant

Thanks both :)

All signed and sealed and 50% payment received, so I’m taking my fella out for a nice meal to celebrate ;)

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Yay! :)

Emily F
    Emily F
    Participant

Wow, I just have to share. My new client is so happy with what I’ve done that he’s asked me to write his weekly blog, plus his partner would like me to write her website and she also has a number of other copywriting projects for clients of hers. The best thing is, there’s no issue with wondering whether my rates will be too high, because they’re already happy with that side of things :) Talk about an amazing first client through my website!

I’ve been doing a little happy dance round the kitchen this morning as I defrosted the freezer (glamorous Sunday job!), and my beloved now has absolutely no doubt that I can keep him in the manner to which he intends to become accustomed! ;)

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

That sounds happy dance worthy for sure! Congratulations! :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.