April 22, 2014 at 11:09 am #27519
I know. I suck. But The Bad Marketing Blog’s launch is being delayed — probably until May 15th.
There are a few reasons for this:
- Things aren’t where I’d like them to be yet, and I don’t want to launch things in a half-assed way.
- I haven’t had as much time to sink into the site as I’d hoped for these past couple of weeks (dealing with personal things like spring cleanup outside — a lot of downed branches, prepping garden beds, etc., and preparing for a guest).
- Launching on the first will get tricky with me taking off five days leading up to that due to a family member’s extended visit with us. While I’ll probably squeeze in a little bit of work time in the evenings, I can’t guarantee it, and I don’t want to ruin time with family because I’m stressing over the launch. Family comes first.
- I’m still waiting on responses from a few folks for potential features on the new site, and I still have more people to reach out to. Allowing people time to respond and getting things set up takes time.
- For a launch of this type, I would normally want 2-3 months of pre-launch marketing time. That obviously doesn’t fit within the scope of the challenge, but an extra couple of weeks will help a lot, especially given that the development phase took longer than expected (not more working hours, but the way I had to spread them out around unexpected things).
That said, I won’t keep you waiting that long for new content. If you subscribe to the email list, you will receive subscribers-only content starting on May 1st — from articles to recommended marketing resources I personally use. You’ll also receive any announcements related to the launch and you’ll receive the first free download as soon as it’s ready to be released (which should happen on or before May 15th).
If you’d like to start receiving content and get on the list for all future freebies, you can sign up at BadMarketingBlog.com.May 23, 2014 at 5:40 pm #27870
Sharon Hurley HallMemberMay 25, 2014 at 7:45 am #27871
Not yet Sharon. Unfortunately my schedule during the pre-launch period has been very unpredictable due to client projects, family visits, illness, etc. I planned to announce the official launch date on the first, but it wasn’t at the point of being ready yet. And while this is slower prep than I’m used to for a blog launch, I don’t want to start the three-month ticker for the challenge until I know the site is ready. My hope is that it will be there by the end of this week, with the first newsletter coming by mid-week at the latest to share more details.May 26, 2014 at 2:40 pm #27938
Sharon Hurley HallMemberMay 26, 2014 at 4:37 pm #27940
LOL My mistake. I forgot the private posts can only be viewed by admins and moderators. So while you can make a post private so it’s for my eyes only (like posting account info if you’re having trouble and need me to take a look or fix something), my responses need to be normal forum posts. Should be fixed now. 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.