Register | Login

Forums Introductions & Administration News and Announcements Weekend Maintenance – Intermittent Downtime Possible

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

From Saturday afternoon through most of Sunday (February 22 – 23), you might experience a few glitches or even short periods of downtime. Some of this will only affect the forums. Some will affect the site as a whole. This is a result of continued optimization work to speed up the site, followed by any necessary maintenance. A few minor back-end tools are also being installed which might impact the site, although that is less likely. If you run into any problems during this time it will likely be a known issue that will be dealt with through the scheduled maintenance. But feel free to mention it here. If it is something unexpected I’ll add it to the list for evaluation and hopefully we’ll have it fixed asap.

Thanks!

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Quick progress update:

As of Sunday evening:

• The site isn’t loading quite as fast as it did after the last optimization, but it’s still more than twice as fast as it’s been loading for months.
    • With the new optimization settings, all features of the site seem to be working.
    • The forum login issue (where you would appear logged out even after logging in) was identified, and I put a workaround in place. This occurred if members had visited the forum while logged off and then logged in from there, being redirected back to that same forum page. They were being served a cached copy of that page, saved in the logged out status. The cache expiration was changed and should resolve this (it did in my testing at least across five different browsers). If this still happens to you, clear your browser cache and try again. If it persists after that, post here with the details so I can look into it and try to replicate the issue.
    • The only problem I’ve come across since the optimization is the “freshness” listed on the main page of the forum. It’s showing some older dates that aren’t correct. I suspect it’s also a caching issue, but I haven’t figured it out yet. It’s a much lower priority, but I’m looking into it. The inner forum pages (for the individual sections) seem to be showing more accurate dates.

If you come across any other problems even after clearing your browser’s cache and cookies for the site, please let me know so I can take care of it.

Thanks!

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.