Register | Login

Forums Introductions & Administration News and Announcements Weekend of February 15, 2014 – Site Maintenance

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

This is just a heads up to let you know that there will be ongoing site and server maintenance on Saturday, February 15th and Sunday, February 16th. This may affect some features on the site.

Known issues during this time include:

• Users not being able to upload their own local avatars through their front-end profiles;
    • Problems with the homepage blog post carousel display.

If you come across other issues, please be patient as I make these back-end improvements or feel free to let me know by emailing me at jenn@allindiewriters.com or commenting here on this forum thread. Most site features should continue to work as normal during this time.

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Updates:

• User avatar uploads at the subscriber level should be working again.
    • The homepage blog carousel was replaced with a different feature which shows the latest 4 posts from the blogs, and everything on the homepage is loading properly again.

Other issues might still crop up for short periods of time as changes are implemented. Let me know if you run into any trouble with the items that I marked as fixed here. Thanks!

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Just another update. The following things were broken briefly during upgrades and maintenance on Saturday. They are all working now, but if you have problems with these features, you might have to clear your browser’s cache (if you don’t, it might still be loading old versions of the files).

• CommentLuv was not working on blog comments. This should be resolved now.
    • Our writers’ market directory was unresponsive (couldn’t search or browse the listings). This should be resolved.
    • The hidden search bar (when you click the search icon in the green navigation bar) wasn’t appearing when called. This should be resolved.
    • There were issues with form styling and formatting in the marketplace, job board, and writer directory. These should all be working fine again.

The only other issue I’m still working on is an unrelated problem with our advanced word count tracker. I hope to have that resolved and working again shortly.

If you have problems with any of these things after clearing your browser’s cache, please let me know here or at jenn@allindiewriters.com and I’ll look into it. Another round of updates will occur on Sunday, so there may be downtime for some features of the site again at that time.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Update:

The advanced word count tracker in the Resources area is working again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.