Register | Login

Forums Monthly Writing Challenges Productivity Challenge: Where Does Your Time Go? What are you tracking: Word Counts or Billable Hours?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LoriWidmer 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Just for curiosity’s sake (and as a summary thread so new participants don’t have to read each person’s thread to find out), what are you tracking for this challenge? Are you tracking all the words you write in a day to see where your time is spent? Or are you using a time tracker to see where you’re spending too much non-writing time that could be converted to more billable hours?

I’ll kick it off:

I’m tracking word counts. So far, so good. Well, at least in the sense that I’m finding a lot of wasted word count (in email mostly) that I might be able to put toward writing projects. :)

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jessie
    Jessie
    Participant

Tracking word counts as well.

As so far, pretty good!

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it. :)

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

LoriWidmer
    Participant

Sorry to miss this thread.

I do a little of both, depending on the client actually. Mostly, I track hours worked, but often there’s a particular client paying by the word. Still, I guess you could say I track hours as I’m looking to get it done fast, accurately, and within a certain time limit (for the most bang for my buck).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.