Register | Login

Forums Book Publishing Book Marketing What are your biggest marketing and PR questions?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

I have a quick question for the authors in our community. What would you most like to know about marketing yourself and your work (or author PR)?

I’m working on the plan for e-books and e-courses for the rest of this year, and I want to make sure those (and the blog posts and other resources here) are giving you what you really need.

Thanks for any feedback you can offer!

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Yo Prinzel
    Yo Prinzel
    Participant

I’m always interested in the kind of low-energy, non-invasive, continual steps you can take to keep your book out there on readers’ radars without tremendous effort from the author. So, magic marketing, basically.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

LOL I’ll see what I can whip up. ;)

smgreen
    smgreen
    Participant

It would be helpful to know the most effective way to reach reach readers within specific niche markets (romance, mystery, etc.) where honest reviews can be obtained on books already released and upcoming books.  I would like to be able to provide excerpts from the books to determine interest and provide copies to a number of readers for their honest review.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

That sounds like it might tie nicely into a planned post for next week. I was planning a follow-up post to yesterday’s about paid book reviews to offer indie authors some tips on how they can get more reviews without paying for them. I’ll try to work in some tips about finding niche-specific reviewers as well. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.