Register | Login

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Out of curiosity, how do you manage your blog on a day-to-day basis? What tasks do you tackle regularly (daily or weekly)?

For me, for my main blog installations, I check blog comments (and respond), deal with comment spam if any got through, run any plugin updates, update themes, update the core, etc. each day when necessary. I run weekly manual database backups (I have other automatic ways to access most things if there’s a data loss — most importantly posts and comments). And if I have any big plugin or theme updates to run I also backup all of my theme, plugin, and upload files. I also run weekly or bi-weekly speed tests and do any troubleshooting if things have gotten slower (such as running the P3 plugin scan to see if any plugins in particular are causing slowdowns after recent updates). And I run market research stats on my site and about a dozen other sites in the niche at least once each month (seeing which posts performed the best, where new links are coming from, etc.).

What do you do to stay on top of your blog admin, and how often do you do each of those tasks? Let’s help each other remember the tasks we might forget about and find ways to optimize the process. :)

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.