Register | Login

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

After spending a couple of weeks trying to troubleshoot editing issues with writer profiles in our freelance writer directory, we finally have a workaround.

The issue is that the plugin powering our marketplace is inexplicably giving some users permission to edit their profiles and rejecting others (including me!). While the plugin developer could find no reason for it and it happens whether or not any of our other plugins (or our theme) is active, we’ll just have to hope it’s fixed in a later update. In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds if you run into this problem:

1. You can email me at jenn@allindiewriters.com from the email address associated with your profile. Let me know what changes you’d like, and I can change the profile for you from the admin end.
    2. You can let me know your username. Testing showed that by going into the database and changing the date your account was created, your permissions would be restored (new members shouldn’t have any problem). This way you’ll be able to make future edits whenever you want to without having to wait on me to go in and do it for you.

I know it’s not ideal, but at least we finally have some options. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.