Register | Login

Forums Blogging Blog Setup & Administration What's your biggest WordPress plugin "problem child?"

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

WordPress plugins are awesome in that they let you do so many great things, from securing your site to streamlining your SEO process. But sometimes you come across a pain in the ass “problem child” of a plugin.

After spending all day (supposed to be a day off) fiddling with this site because of CPU problems, I was able to narrow down the culprit (the WordPress SEO plugin). Now, this plugin has been getting bug fix update after bug fix update these days, so maybe they’ll sort it out in an upcoming release. But in the meantime, it’s a major pain and strain on the server (and the server resources I set up far exceed what all of my sites need together, nonetheless just this one). I use this plugin on other sites and there’s elevated CPU usage there too, but not as bad as here (possibly it having a conflict with something else or just a result of traffic during the times I monitored my logs). So frustrating.

Anyway, I thought it might be nice for us to share which plugins are giving us grief. Maybe we can save each other a headache every now and again. :)

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.