Register | Login

Forums Other Discussions General Business Who/what do you recommend for a blog host

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WriterWendy 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

WriterWendy
    Participant

Hi Jenn:

I’d like to upgrade my free Word Press site to a paid site so I can upload free reports and start an e-newsletter subscription on my site. I vaguely remember that you recommended a program on this site, but I can’t find it. Any suggestions? I’m looking for cheap and simple–I don’t need anything fancy. Thanks!

Wendy S. Komancheck Freelance Business Writer for the Landscape, Lawn Care, and Garden Center Industries Phone: 717-405-9873 wendy@landscapewriter.com www.landscapewriter.com www.wendykomancheckswriting.com

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

I’d recommend going with a host offering cPanel access. HostGator was where I started, and I was happy with them for a long time. I’m now with a Canadian host called MyHosting.com (but for a VPS — I haven’t used their shared hosting). I’d probably start with HG. Get the lowest plan if you only have one site. Get a step up if you want to be able to host multiple domains. I believe I paid around $10 per month for the middle package there.

There are cheaper hosts, but I wouldn’t necessarily go that route. I’d avoid 1&1 and Bluehost like the plague. Godaddy is fine for domains, but I’d avoid their hosting too. Other than those, I can’t really speak to the quality of specific hosts.

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

WriterWendy
    Participant

Thank you!

Wendy S. Komancheck Freelance Business Writer for the Landscape, Lawn Care, and Garden Center Industries Phone: 717-405-9873 wendy@landscapewriter.com www.landscapewriter.com www.wendykomancheckswriting.com
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.