Register | Login

Forums Freelance Writing Freelance Writing Business Would Greatly Appreciate Feedback!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Johanna Martin
    Participant

Hi everybody,

My name is Johanna, and I’ve been off and on here for the past year. However, I’ve finally decided that, after much thought and reassurance that my fears are relevant, my doubts need to be put on the sidelines in order to achieve my dream of becoming a freelance writer.

Now that my introduction is out of the way, onward into the meat of my post. I’ve decided that my niche will be to help freelance writers who are just starting out, with the angle that I am in the same boat. I’ll chronicle my progress, the lessons I’ll learn, and my successes along with my failures. My question is basically: is this a good idea?

My website is yet unpublished, so I can’t give any examples without going into a long rant about what I’m doing. Suffice to say that I’m organizing myself at the moment.

Thank you for your consideration,

-Johanna

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Hi Johanna. Welcome to the community. :)

First of all, let me congratulate you on deciding to make the leap into freelance writing! :)

As for your niche, I have a few questions for you:

• When you say your niche is other new freelance writers, do you mean that’s the focus of your blog? Or do you plan to have other new freelancers as your clients in some way?
    • If the latter, how do you see that happening? For example, what would you actually write for these other freelancers, and what need of other freelance writers do you think they have?
    • Would you mind if I post my full response after seeing answers to the above questions on the blog? We launched a new Reader Q&A feature recently, and I’d love to kick it off with your question early next week if that’s alright with you. This way more readers will see the question and answer in case they had a similar question. And of course the forum thread will still be here for others to weigh in with their thoughts.

Thanks!

Jenn

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.