Register | Login

Forums Freelance Writing Marketing / Getting Clients Writer's Market Directory Special Feature — You Choose the Focus

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Next week I plan to spend a good bit of time expanding the writer’s market directory here at All Indie Writers. And I’d like your feedback.

Basically, I need a few readers to tell me what specialty markets they’re interested in (these can be magazine markets, blog markets, or anything else relevant to freelance writers — we’re not talking about book markets, although I do publish short fiction markets). Each day next week I’ll highlight a selection of new markets made at a reader’s request (or I’ll just pick different niches each day if no one requests anything). Normally I only add 5 new markets each week, so next week’s specialty additions will be a significant increase.

So tell me what you’re looking for and let me take on some of the work for you. What types of markets are you looking to pursue as a freelance writer? What would be the most helpful categories for me to expand in the writer’s market database here?

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Time is running out to get your suggestions in for this week. This will be the first week with themed writer’s market additions, and I’ll post more than usual (10-20 new entries instead of the usual 5 per week). So poke around the writer’s markets and see where there are holes you’d like me to fill — more short fiction markets, more blogging markets, more magazines in a particular category or industry, etc.?

You can post your requests here or email them to me at jenn@allindiewriters.com. :)

WriterWendy
    Participant

Am I too late to put in my suggestions?

trade magazines

paying online magazines

consumer content magazines.

Wendy S. Komancheck Freelance Business Writer for the Landscape, Lawn Care, and Garden Center Industries Phone: 717-405-9873 wendy@landscapewriter.com www.landscapewriter.com www.wendykomancheckswriting.com

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Those are pretty broad groups I already add. Do you have a specific niche or industry that you’d like to see more markets from? Maybe gardening, landscaping, and related niches?

WriterWendy
    Participant

Definitely gardening and landscaping…DIYers? home & garden-related…even home restoration would work…THank you! :)

Wendy S. Komancheck Freelance Business Writer for the Landscape, Lawn Care, and Garden Center Industries Phone: 717-405-9873 wendy@landscapewriter.com www.landscapewriter.com www.wendykomancheckswriting.com
    Emily F
    Emily F
    Participant

I’d choose pets/animals if possible :)

WriterWendy
    Participant

I’m interested in that topic as well!

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Because you’re both interested in pets / animals, I’ll go with that for the first week’s featured set of writer’s markets. And I’ll follow up with the outdoor-themed ones next week. :)

KeriLynn Engel
    Participant

I’d love to see more in the Hobby Writers section (thanks again for adding it!) and more history publications… currently the history publications are organized either under “Other” or “Regional”; I don’t know if there are enough to create its own category. Here’s one you can add: http://rediscovertheusa.com/write-for-us.html I recently wrote an article for their first issue and the editor was very pleasant to work with.

Thanks much for creating such a useful resource!!

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Thanks KeriLynn! I’ll add those to the list for upcoming weeks. :)   Is there anything specific you’re interested in seeing in the Hobby markets section?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.