Register | Login

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jessie Jessie 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yo Prinzel
    Yo Prinzel
    Participant

First–I am so excited about this. Great idea Jenn!

Summer is … summery. And in Florida, that means my bum is often beach bound for the better part of three months. But due to some unexpected complications earlier this year, I’m behind on personal projects and I need to spend less time sunning my skin and more time typing.

I’m going to focus strictly on word count this month. My goal for word count on both client and personal projects, emails, notes, outlining, etc. is 150,000 for the month (which should average out to about 5,500 per day/6 day week). If the bulk of them are used for actual projects that will get help me repair some of the damage done by losing time earlier this year.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

I wish it was easier to do both! If I could take my laptop out by the pool and write, I probably would. But the glare makes it almost impossible. I can write on the deck once the shade sets in, but it’s not the same. I’d love to soak up some sun while I worked. :)

And damn woman! You don’t mess around. LOL  You know, NaNoWriMo’s 50k felt like a serious challenge for me last fall. I wish I’d done this challenge then. I can’t help but wonder how many words I really wrote with everything combined. That probably would have inspired me a bit more here. My business project word count comes to just under 70k for the challenge, and I don’t know yet if that’s going to be a struggle or a breeze. But that’s the point I guess — to figure that out for upcoming months. :)

Best of luck with your plans! :)

Jennifer Mattern - Owner 3 Beat Media

Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Jessie
    Jessie
    Participant

Hi Yo! How is Wolverine doing these days? Hope y’all are well.

I saw how serials have been biting your ass, so I’m looking forward to seeing you more pleased with the new schedule. Hope that you bring in productive new words during this challenge!

Re those massive wordcounts, I hear you. I was writing that plus everyday before I made some recent changes, and I’m looking forward to July being a vastly more productive while less wordcounty month.

Yo Prinzel
    Yo Prinzel
    Participant

So far so good, here. I’m below where I wanted to be, but with the holiday weekend that’s not unexpected. I ended up not tracking all words, because counting emails etc., even with an app, was too time consuming and annoying. However, it did make me more aware of wasted words.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Awesome Yo. :) That’s the ultimate goal.

Yo Prinzel
    Yo Prinzel
    Participant

By about midmonth I stopped counting words because it was annoying to me. However, my focus was readjusted by that point, so this challenge definitely helped.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

lol I only tracked for a week and then focused on making some changes in the second half of the month. I can’t imagine trying to track the word count of everything for an entire month.

Jessie
    Jessie
    Participant

;-) I also quit literal counting and focused on making changes, though the “tens” I mentioned I tracked are something I am tracking more now. Going to revisit this challenge!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.