One of the topics we’re focusing on this month is freelance blogging. This is one path toward professional blogging (alongside being a Web publisher in your own right by managing and monetizing your own blogs). If you enjoy blogging for your own business, maybe it’s something you’ll want to consider doing for clients too. So let’s get some feedback from people who are already working as freelance bloggers, so you can decide if it’s a good fit for you or not.
Here are some articles that might be of interest to freelance bloggers or those interested in beginning a freelance blogging career.
Note that being included here does not mean I endorse the sites, authors, or what they have to say. In fact, I strongly disagree with some of the posters. For example, I’d say anyone who lists ridiculously low pay levels as the high end for legitimate freelance blogging jobs probably doesn’t know enough about finding that kind of work to be writing as an authority on the topic. But as always we try to bring you different perspectives so you can figure things out for your own writing career.
- The Surprising Truth About How Much Money You Can Make as a Freelance Blogger! — By Sophie Lizard at Be a Freelance Blogger
- How to Earn Top Dollar Working as a Freelance Blogger — By Marya Jan at Freelance Switch
- 10 Places to Find Blogging Gigs That Pay — By Tom Ewer at Brazen Careerist
- Freelance Bloggers: 12 Tips to Promote Your Work With Social Media — By Steven Snell at Daily Blog Tips
- Make Freelance Blogging Your Long Term Career — By Sophie Lizard at Small Business HQ
- The Accidental Freelance Blogger — By Ali Hale at Freelance Switch
- Blogging Jobs: How Much Are Bloggers Paid to Blog? — By Lorelle VanFossen at The Blog Herald
- Can You Really Make Money Blogging? The Truth About Blog Jobs — By Daphne Mallory, Esq at WAHM.com
Do you know of any other good reading material for potential freelance bloggers? Share a link in the comments below or comment to tell us about your own freelance blogging journey.