So far the only print work I've done is ghostwriting trade magazine pieces for business clients, and I haven't even done a huge amount of that. I'd really love to get something published in print in my own name, just for the sake of doing something different (although I doubt I'd ever make it a priority over Web writing). I've been recently looking into some magazine markets to see who I'd like to pitch when I have some time, and I thought I'd share some places where you can find freelance magazine markets if you're also interested:
- WritersMarket.com - This is a paid site, and one of the more popular options. You can search both consumer and trade magazines here.
- MediaBistro - If you join their Avant Guild program, you can access their "how to pitch" articles, which offer detailed pitching advice for quite a few magazines.
- WritersWeekly.com - You can find quite a few magazine markets in this ezine.
- The Writer's Life - This site offers free listings of paying magazine markets.
Do you have other favorite resources for finding freelance magazine markets or other writers' markets online?
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Relax Melodies – An Awesome Audio App for Writers - May 21, 2015
- Quick Tip: Your Freelance Writer Website is for Clients, Not You - May 19, 2015
- How Can Writers Protect Personal Information Online? - May 18, 2015
- Publication Rights for Freelance Article Writers (Infographic) - May 17, 2015
- Don’t Fall Victim to These 5 Blogging Myths [Podcast] - May 14, 2015