It's mid-March. And that means we're nearly through with the first quarter of 2011 already. How are your goals and resolutions for the year shaping up? Is your freelance writing business growing? Do you need to pick up the pace a bit?
So far I'm reasonably happy with my progress for the year. I've:
- finished outlining the first book in my novel series;
- gotten my hands on the first draft manuscript of The Query-Free Freelancer;
- launched my indie publishing blog;
- launched a genealogy blog;
- started a month-long virtual blog tour;
- come up with a plan for a new author research service / site;
- and put together a mockup for the AFW redesign coming a little later this year (more on that later).
I'm sure I could have done even more, but I seem to be on track with most of my goals. I'm set to launch three fiction-related sites later this spring and a site for my intended fiction pen name. So we'll see how that goes. Check in with me again in June to see if I made it through all of the launches.
How about you? What are you working on? Did you use your first quarter of 2011 to start something new? It's not too late! If you're a bit behind on your business goals, give them a fresh look. You still have plenty of time to make them happen.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- 5 Useful Scrivener Keyboard Shortcuts for Writers - May 27, 2015
- Quick Tip: White Label WordPress for Client Installations - May 26, 2015
- Relax Melodies – An Awesome Audio App for Writers - May 21, 2015
- Quick Tip: Your Freelance Writer Website is for Clients, Not You - May 19, 2015
- How Can Writers Protect Personal Information Online? - May 18, 2015