It's time for our next exclusive free WordPress theme release for freelance writers. What does that mean? It means you can only get this theme right here! The design was purchased in full from the designer specially for you! This is a theme from a new designer I haven't purchased from before, so it's a little different than what we've released in the past. The coder just finished things up, so I hope you like it! If you use it, leave a link in the comments and let us know where it's being used so we can see it in action.
This theme is more specifically designed to work as a portfolio / professional site. Actually, it's a combination professional site / blog -- something I've recently recommended here. Make sure you read all of the information below before downloading.
- The coded theme
- The .psd files (download those separately here)
Please remember that all free Web templates and free WordPress themes from All Freelance Writing are made available under the following terms: You're free to use it on your own sites (and you do not have to include a credit link), but you may NOT distribute this template to others in any way. You cannot forward the files to someone via email. You cannot post the files for download on your own site. You cannot link directly to the download file on this site. If someone else wants it, they must visit this page and download it directly from this site. Also, derivative works made from the template may not be released (in other words, you can't change the design and then distribute it to others - it's for use on your own sites only).
Screenshot / Demo
You can view a temporary demo site at FadMarketing.com to see the theme in action.
- Remember that I do not offer technical support for the downloads. If you have simple questions, please post them as a comment on this post (do not email me about them), and if I can help I will. This way when I can't help, maybe another member can. I don't make any guarantees regarding these templates and themes, and I don't have most of them up on demo sites yet.
- You can find more free WordPress themes and Web templates for freelance writers released exclusively through All Freelance Writing by browsing our full list of free stuff for writers.
- Click the download link below.
- Save the file to your hard drive.
- Unzip / decompress the file (in Windows, right-click the file name and go to "extract all").
- That will save it to a decompressed folder.
Once you have the folder decompressed, you can upload the theme into your WordPress installation and activate it by clicking the "themes" link under "Appearance" from your WordPress admin. You can edit your theme files by visiting the "editor" link from the same menu.
You MUST also download and install the Twitter Widget plugin if you want the Twitter feed in the sidebar. The widget will go in the top sidebar section of your theme. Make sure you set that plugin to display only 1 recent tweet. There is an option in the plugin settings to hide @replies, but when I tried that it failed to pull the tweet stream, so you might not be able to do that.
I had our coder setup the test site for this theme, so I haven't really played with it yet. So please, if you have questions just leave a comment here and I'll take a look at the template files and try to help you get things sorted.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Get The Beginner’s Guide to Writing Quality Online Content by Alicia Rades - September 17, 2014
- Quick Tip: Use Google Webmaster Tools for Your Writer Website or Blog - September 16, 2014
- How Important are Creative Writing Degrees for Freelance Writers? - September 15, 2014
- Plan Your Writing Projects With Gantt Charts - September 11, 2014
- Is Your WordPress Database Too Large? Thin Out Revisions - September 9, 2014