As a part of our new featured guest series, we’re offering book giveaways each month. This week is our first giveaway with author, Karen Wiesner. You can find details about the giveaway below including entry guidelines, prizes, and rules. Check back later for an interview with the author.
One first prize winner will receive copies of the following books by Karen Wiesner (to be shipped by me):
- First Draft in 30 Days: A Novel Writer’s System for Building a Complete and Cohesive Manuscript
- From First Draft to Finished Novel: A Writer’s Guide to Cohesive Story Building
- Writing the Fiction Series: The Guide for Novels and Novellas
Three runners-up will win signed copies of From First Draft to Finished Novel, to be sent directly by the author.
Entries for this giveaway will be accepted from the time this post is published until
11:59 pm EDT on Thursday, October 24th 8:00 am EDT on Monday, October 28th (contest extended due to a technical glitch with a new spam plugin which was interfering with some entries). Winners will be announced on this blog on Friday, October 25th Monday, October 28th, after the contest closing time. Entries received after this time will not be eligible for the drawing.
The following rules and terms apply to this book giveaway contest:
- All winners will be chosen at random using RandomResult.com.
- This contest is open to U.S. residents only (I apologize to our readers located in other parts of the world, but there were several significant issues with shipping books to international winners during our last giveaway like this).
- There is only one entry per person. Commenting more than once does not earn you additional chances to win.
- Your entry comment must include a valid email address in the appropriate field (or you must have a valid email address tied to your account here if you comment while logged in). No one will see this email address but me, so please don’t enter it in the comment field itself.
- Please use your name when commenting rather than a generic handle. If a handle seems overly promotional or spammy in any way, you run the risk of it being flagged as spam or deleted as per our comment policy.
- Please include your location in your comment so only U.S. entrants are entered into the drawing. (Just state you’re in the U.S. or mentioning your state is fine.) Readers not in the U.S. are still welcome to comment to take part in the conversation.
- By entering this contest you agree to provide your mailing address to me if you’re chosen as one of the winners. You also agree to let me forward your name and mailing address to the author if you’re one of the three winners whose book will be delivered directly by the author.
How to Enter
Entry is simple. Just leave a comment below (including your name and location as detailed in the rules above) telling us about one of the following things:
- Your plans to write a novel (such as during NaNoWriMo next month) or how you’ve prepared for the novel writing process (outlining, research organization, etc.) in the past;
- Your plans for writing a fiction series (why a series, what ties your series books together, how you mapped out your series plan, etc.);
- Why you want to write your first novel, novella, or short story collection and how you plan to see the process through to completion.
Random winners will be chosen as mentioned in the rules, and they will be announced on the blog (in a new post and in the comments on this post) on Friday.
I want to thank Karen Wiesner for providing several of the books for this giveaway.
Good luck and happy writing!
Winners have been picked. You can see a screenshot of the RandomResult.com results below.