Note: This post originally appeared at FreelanceTheater.com on February 9, 2010. The Freelance Theater audio play series is now a part of All Freelance Writing.
One of the sometimes best / sometimes worst aspects of freelancing is how much time you'll spend working alone. While it can be nice to avoid the politics and drama of a traditional office environment, there is also no 5pm closure reminding you to go home and no one to talk to on a whim (especially if you're working in the dead of night). If you live alone on top of working alone, it can be even worse. Maybe you'll even start talking to yourself. But what would happen if someone else were actually listening in, and you weren't quite as alone in your head as you thought?
That's what we'll explore in this episode from the MadLance series, "Late Shift." Can you relate at all to Chuck? (By the way, Chuck is played by Clint Osterholz, our very first guest star here at Freelance Theater, so be sure to welcome him!)
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Writing Goals & Resolutions: Take Two - February 6, 2017
- Increase Freelance Writing Productivity with Time-Based Task Lists - January 31, 2017
- Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writing Pros – New Site. New Community. Next Month. - January 18, 2017
- Want a Successful Writing Career? Do What You Love (and Learn to Love What You Do) - January 16, 2017
- How I Use Todoist to Organize Writing Projects and Get More Done - January 11, 2017