There aren't a lot of writers' resources dedicated exclusively to freelance magazine writing. However, if freelance magazine writing is a field you're interested in as a writer, the following resources should be useful:
Articles on Freelance Magazine Writing
- How Freelance Magazine Writing Works
- Suite101 Freelance Magazine Writing Course
- 7 Steps to Writing for Magazines, For Money!
- Writing for Magazines
- Writing for Trade Magazines
Magazine Publishers / Freelance Magazine Writing Markets
Books on Freelance Magazine Writing
- How to Write Articles for Newspapers & Magazines, 2/e
- Writer's Digest Handbook Of Magazine Article Writing
- Associated Press Guide to Newswriting: The Resource for Professional Journalists
- The Art and Craft of Feature Writing: Based on The Wall Street Journal Guide
- The Magazine Article: How to Think It, Plan It, Write It
- You Can Write for Magazines (You Can Write)
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Risks and Rewards When Writers Share Personal Stories Online - July 27, 2016
- Ask Us Anything: Taking Questions for Next Week’s Podcast - July 15, 2016
- Catch Up on Recent Writing Podcast Episodes - July 8, 2016
- Wendy Komancheck on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 7, 2016
- An Open Letter on Trust, “Experts,” and Blogging - June 22, 2016