There aren't a lot of writers' resources dedicated exclusively to freelance magazine writing. However, if freelance magazine writing is a field you're interested in as a writer, the following resources should be useful:
Articles on Freelance Magazine Writing
- How Freelance Magazine Writing Works
- Suite101 Freelance Magazine Writing Course
- 7 Steps to Writing for Magazines, For Money!
- Writing for Magazines
- Writing for Trade Magazines
Magazine Publishers / Freelance Magazine Writing Markets
Books on Freelance Magazine Writing
- How to Write Articles for Newspapers & Magazines, 2/e
- Writer's Digest Handbook Of Magazine Article Writing
- Associated Press Guide to Newswriting: The Resource for Professional Journalists
- The Art and Craft of Feature Writing: Based on The Wall Street Journal Guide
- The Magazine Article: How to Think It, Plan It, Write It
- You Can Write for Magazines (You Can Write)
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Win 50 Signed Horror Books! - October 29, 2014
- Check Out The New All Indie Writers Podcast - October 27, 2014
- Quick Tip: Build Relationships With Reviewers Well Before Your Book Launch - October 21, 2014
- 71 Tools and Tactics for Your Book Marketing Plan - October 20, 2014
- Book Marketing Timeline: From Pre-launch to Post-launch - October 16, 2014