Land more freelance writing jobs. Get the new 3rd edition of my 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp for Freelance Writers to launch or grow your freelance writing business in 2016. Get yours now.
There aren't a lot of writers' resources dedicated exclusively to freelance magazine writing. However, if freelance magazine writing is a field you're interested in as a writer, the following resources should be useful:
Articles on Freelance Magazine Writing
- How Freelance Magazine Writing Works
- Suite101 Freelance Magazine Writing Course
- 7 Steps to Writing for Magazines, For Money!
- Writing for Magazines
- Writing for Trade Magazines
Magazine Publishers / Freelance Magazine Writing Markets
Books on Freelance Magazine Writing
- How to Write Articles for Newspapers & Magazines, 2/e
- Writer's Digest Handbook Of Magazine Article Writing
- Associated Press Guide to Newswriting: The Resource for Professional Journalists
- The Art and Craft of Feature Writing: Based on The Wall Street Journal Guide
- The Magazine Article: How to Think It, Plan It, Write It
- You Can Write for Magazines (You Can Write)
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- How You Can be a More Prolific Writer – No Superpowers Needed - February 11, 2016
- Why You’ll Fail at Freelancing if You Suck at Math - February 6, 2016
- Why (and How) to Launch Your Author Blog Before Your Book - February 4, 2016
- February Writing Challenge: 30 Blog Posts in 30 (er, 29) Days - February 1, 2016
- Building Author Visibility Before a Book Launch: A 10-Point Plan - January 26, 2016