Just a quick heads up.
If you've noticed any weirdness on the site over the last two days, that's a result of some emergency maintenance being done. Unfortunately fixing the initial issues broke some other features of the site, so you might continue to run into problems while they're sorted out. Most notably, you'll find shortcodes displaying as code on some pages (like the About page). You might also see short-term theme changes or features being disabled completely while we continue testing to identify the root of the problem.
Most things will work fine unless they're disabled for those brief rounds of testing (probably no more than a minute or two at a time). The site will also be slower again during this period as I've had to disable most optimizations that were completed recently.
If you run into any issues, you can post them in the comments here or in the Problems and Suggestions area of the forums. I'll update this post when things have been sorted out. As I'm waiting on input from multiple developers, I don't have a solid ETA on the fixes yet.
Update: It appears that all of the front-end problems have been addressed for now. I'll continue to test. Some issues might still turn up while I re-optimize the site over the weekend. At this point if you come across any issues, let me know and I'll add them to the known issues list (which you can find in the forums news and announcements area).
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Writing Goals & Resolutions: Take Two - February 6, 2017
- Increase Freelance Writing Productivity with Time-Based Task Lists - January 31, 2017
- Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writing Pros – New Site. New Community. Next Month. - January 18, 2017
- Want a Successful Writing Career? Do What You Love (and Learn to Love What You Do) - January 16, 2017
- How I Use Todoist to Organize Writing Projects and Get More Done - January 11, 2017