Limited Time! Save 35% on the new 3rd edition of my 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp for Freelance Writers now through Cyber Monday. Lowest price of the season. Use discount code BLACKFRIDAY on the order page. Get yours today.
This week we welcome featured guest, Lori Widmer, of Words on the Page. We're giving away three copies of Lori's e-book for freelance writers, Marketing 365: Daily Strategies for Entrepreneurs and Small Business.
In her e-book, Lori shares a collection of marketing tips that will help you promote your freelance writing business in new, and often simple, ways every day of the year. If you're unsure of where to start when it comes to freelance marketing, you need this e-book.
This week, you have a chance to win a copy! But first, Lori was gracious enough to share an excerpt with us. So let's dive right into a few easy freelance marketing ideas you might not have tried yet.
Excerpt from Marketing 365
by Lori Widmer
194. Invite them formally.
Make an impact with a written invitation. Use a formal invitation to invite your customers in for a consultation, to invite them to your seminar, or to invite them to give you feedback.
Ask for an RSVP. You’ll be able to see what messages are getting through, which will help you measure and tweak future marketing messages.
195. Send printed coupons.
Who doesn’t love a coupon? Any offer you send will have a stronger impact and more response if you include a paper coupon. Our minds are wired to react more positively to a coupon, which suggests money off, a discount, or a price that can’t be matched.
Offer your discount on paper. Include an expiration date boldly displayed to increase urgency.
196. Create a new client welcome kit.
What a way to welcome your client! Build a welcome kit for new customers and clients that includes things like frequently asked questions, what to expect from your product or service, and business cards and brochures that give even more detail. Tailor your welcome kit to fit the customer. For example, you won’t want to hand welcome kits to your restaurant customers, but you could deliver a special offer with their receipt that takes them to your website where you can include the FAQ and other information not printed on the menus.
In your kit, be sure to include a discount coupon for their next purchase.
You can find details about the giveaway below including entry guidelines, prizes, and rules. Check back later for an interview with the author.
Lori Widmer is giving away three copies of her e-book, Marketing 365, to randomly-chosen winners. The e-books are in .pdf format and will be delivered directly by the author. To enter, we're asking that you share your own favorite freelance marketing tip in the blog comments on this post, as per the entry guidelines below.
Entries for this giveaway will be accepted from the time this post is published until 12:00pm Eastern on Friday, November 22nd. Winners will be announced on this blog later that day. Entries received after this time will not be eligible for the drawing.
The following rules and terms apply to this book giveaway contest:
- All winners will be chosen at random using RandomResult.com.
- There is only one entry per person. Commenting more than once does not earn you additional chances to win.
- Your entry comment must include a valid email address in the appropriate field (or you must have a valid email address tied to your account here if you comment while logged in). No one will see this email address but me, so please don’t enter it in the public comment field itself.
- Please use your name when commenting rather than a generic handle. If a handle seems overly promotional or spammy in any way, you run the risk of it being flagged as spam or deleted as per our comment policy.
- By entering this contest you agree to let me forward your name and email address to the author if you’re one of the three winners, as the author will deliver prizes personally.
How to Enter
Entry is simple. Just leave a comment below telling us about one of the following things:
- What's your top tip or tactic for marketing freelance writing services?
- What has been your own most successful marketing tactic as a freelance writer?
- What marketing tactic would you like to try but haven't yet, and what has held you back so far?
Random winners will be chosen as mentioned in the rules, and they will be announced on the blog (in a new post and in the comments on this post) on Friday.
About Marketing 365
Don’t know how to grow your business? With this book, marketing just became easier. Packed with 365 ways to reach out to customers, Marketing 365 is your best resource for simple marketing strategies. Learn new ways to communicate with customers and innovative ways to stand out from the competition. Turn those connections into earnings with these short, easy-to-read strategies that you can apply today. To order, visit https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/126867.
About Lori Widmer
Lori Widmer is a veteran freelance writer and editor with over 15 years of experience. She has written over 150 articles and has worked with large global corporations and individual clients. She lives in the Philadelphia area with her husband, daughter, daughter’s fiancé, and a 14-year-old goldfish who just will not stop growing. You can find her at her writing blog (http://www.wordsonpageblog.com) or at her business blog (http://www.mitigate-me.com).
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp 3rd Edition Released, Save 35% Through Cyber Monday - November 23, 2015
- How to Boost Your Writing Income Before the End of the Year - November 13, 2015
- What’s Your NaNoWriMo Plan? - November 2, 2015
- Productive Writing During NaNoWriMo (Infographic) - October 23, 2015
- Updates on the All Indie Writers Podcast - October 22, 2015