Land more freelance writing jobs. Get the new 3rd edition of my 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp for Freelance Writers to launch or grow your freelance writing business in 2016. Get yours now.
I don't know about you, but I'm super-duper excited about next week's e-book challenge. I didn't get to participate in the last one because I was computerless. Because I let a friend borrow my laptop, I am computerless again (they destroyed my hard drive!) but luckily I have the hubby's computer and I'll be doing a lot of the work on paper.
As the resident neat freak, I'm equally excited about preparing and organizing myself for the e-book challenge. Excited about the prep work or not, it can be simple. Here are some simple organization and productivity tips for the e-book challenge:
- If you aren't already, get into a regular writing groove by writing something every day, even if it is just a journal entry.
- Read / scan over the last e-book challenge's material, especially the pre-challenge reading, to get an idea of what you'll be doing.
- If paper is your thing, get together a binder or a notebook to work the challenge in.
- If digital is more your style, create a folder on your computer and plan how to back up your docs.
- Schedule appointments with yourself for each day in the challenge.
- Decide how you'll participate-will you:
- Work on each day's task(s) until they are completed?
- Work for an allotted time each day, regardless of completion?
- Take note and notice but participate in the challenge later if this isn't a good time for you? (Definitely check out the e-book writing challenge e-book if you opt for this path.)
Any specific concerns about preparing for the e-book challenge? Leave a comment and Jenn and I will do our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Jessie Ann Fitzgerald (see all)
- Be a More Productive Blogger - August 15, 2010
- Motivation Beyond Money - July 17, 2010
- The Emotional Side of Productivity - July 15, 2010
- Why Time Management is So Important for Freelance Writers - June 15, 2010
- Make a Query-Free Writer Marketing Calendar - May 15, 2010