Here's a quick tip about how you can more effectively promote your writing every month, whether that means marketing your freelance writing services, your books, or your blogs.
Use a monthly marketing calendar.
What's the Point of a Monthly Marketing Calendar?
A monthly marketing calendar gives you an easy way to keep all of your marketing information on one handy sheet of paper. I have an example that you can download below. On it, you can track:
- Your marketing goals for the month
- Your key marketing tactics that will help you reach your goals
- "Other opportunities" to keep in mind, such as holidays, seasonal events, or special days, weeks, or months that you can plan marketing angles around
There is also a section for any extra notes you might have, such as project-specific details. And of course there's the calendar itself. This is where you take all of those tactics and special events and work them into a schedule.
By mapping out your marketing activities in a monthly calendar, you get a birds-eye view of your marketing campaigns. This can help you stay on track. And it can help you juggle things if you need to make schedule changes at the last minute.
Download a copy below or create something similar that works for you.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Keep Blog Post Ideas Coming by Writing a Series - July 7, 2015
- The All Indie Writers Podcast Q&A Special - July 6, 2015
- Quick Tip: Sort and Filter for Easier Email Management - June 30, 2015
- Quick Tip: Keep Your Book Marketing as Creative as Your Writing - June 23, 2015
- 7 Ways to Speed Up Your Website (Infographic) - June 20, 2015