Here's a quick tip about how you can more effectively promote your writing every month, whether that means marketing your freelance writing services, your books, or your blogs.
Use a monthly marketing calendar.
What's the Point of a Monthly Marketing Calendar?
A monthly marketing calendar gives you an easy way to keep all of your marketing information on one handy sheet of paper. I have an example that you can download below. On it, you can track:
- Your marketing goals for the month
- Your key marketing tactics that will help you reach your goals
- "Other opportunities" to keep in mind, such as holidays, seasonal events, or special days, weeks, or months that you can plan marketing angles around
There is also a section for any extra notes you might have, such as project-specific details. And of course there's the calendar itself. This is where you take all of those tactics and special events and work them into a schedule.
By mapping out your marketing activities in a monthly calendar, you get a birds-eye view of your marketing campaigns. This can help you stay on track. And it can help you juggle things if you need to make schedule changes at the last minute.
Download a copy below or create something similar that works for you.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- “Pay What You Can” Sale on My Marketing Boot Camp E-book, This Week Only - November 24, 2014
- Authors Attack: Dealing With Negative Book Reviewers - November 21, 2014
- All Indie Writers: New Design, Newsletter, and Other Updates - November 17, 2014
- Podcast E-book Giveaway Results - November 11, 2014
- Princess Jones to Guest Co-Host the All Indie Writers Podcast - November 10, 2014