If you're interested in getting involved with screenwriting, these resources may help you get started or simply improve your skills as a screenwriter:
Articles on Screenwriting
- How to Format a Screenplay
- Building Your Screenwriter's Toolbox
Sites on Screenwriting
- Script Magazine
- American Screenwriter's Association
Software for Screenwriters
Find Sample ScreenPlays
Books on Screenwriting
- The Screenwriter's Bible: A Complete Guide to Writing, Formatting, and Selling Your Script
- Save The Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You'll Ever Need
- How to Write a Movie in 21 Days
- The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters: Insider's Secrets from Hollywood's Top Writers
- How Not to Write a Screenplay: 101 Common Mistakes Most Screenwriters Make
- Screenwriting for Dummies
- The Screenwriter's Workbook (Revised Edition)
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- An Open Letter on Trust, “Experts,” and Blogging - June 22, 2016
- 3 Month Blogging Challenge: The Pre-Launch Plan - June 21, 2016
- Get an Inside Look at My Blog Launch Process - June 17, 2016
- Writing Challenge Survey & a New “Coaching” Series - June 16, 2016
- Journalists & PR Pros Go Head-to-Head - June 14, 2016