Soho Press is a free WordPress theme from designer Chris Hennis which is available exclusively through All Freelance Writing. The neutral color schemes from Chris' designs are ideal for professional sites run on WordPress, and they're highly adaptable (you can make it work for any freelance writing niche). I hope you'll put it to use - and if you do, leave a link to the site in your comment. Please read the information below before downloading, and review the README file to learn how to use this theme. Enjoy!
- The coded theme
- .psd for the logo and some other images (so you can edit them and re-upload them with your own site name and logo)
Please remember that all free Web templates and free WordPress themes from All Freelance Writing are made available under the following terms: You're free to use it on your own sites (and you do not have to include a credit link), but you may NOT distribute this template to others in any way. You cannot forward the files to someone via email. You cannot post the files for download on your own site. You cannot link directly to the download file on this site. If someone else wants it, they must visit this page and download it directly from this site. Also, derivative works made from the template may not be released (in other words, you can't change the design and then distribute it to others - it's for use on your own sites only).
- Read the Readme.txt file included in your download for instructions on how to install and use the theme.
- Remember that I do not offer technical support for the downloads. If you have simple questions, please post them as a comment on this post (do not email me about them), and if I can help I will. This way when I can't help, maybe another member can.
- Click the download link below.
- Save the file to your hard drive.
- Unzip / decompress the file (in Windows, right-click the file name and go to "extract all."
- That will save it to a decompressed folder.
Once you have the folder decompressed, you can upload the theme into your WordPress installation and activate it by clicking the "themes" link under "Appearance" from your WordPress admin. You can edit your theme files by visiting the "editor" link from the same menu.
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writing Pros – New Site. New Community. Next Month. - January 18, 2017
- Want a Successful Writing Career? Do What You Love (and Learn to Love What You Do) - January 16, 2017
- How I Use Todoist to Organize Writing Projects and Get More Done - January 11, 2017
- Want to Launch a New Blog? Follow Along With My 3-Month Blogging Challenge - January 9, 2017
- What do You Want in 2017? (An Alternative to New Year’s Resolutions) - January 2, 2017