Soho Press is a free WordPress theme from designer Chris Hennis which is available exclusively through All Freelance Writing. The neutral color schemes from Chris' designs are ideal for professional sites run on WordPress, and they're highly adaptable (you can make it work for any freelance writing niche). I hope you'll put it to use - and if you do, leave a link to the site in your comment. Please read the information below before downloading, and review the README file to learn how to use this theme. Enjoy!
- The coded theme
- .psd for the logo and some other images (so you can edit them and re-upload them with your own site name and logo)
Please remember that all free Web templates and free WordPress themes from All Freelance Writing are made available under the following terms: You're free to use it on your own sites (and you do not have to include a credit link), but you may NOT distribute this template to others in any way. You cannot forward the files to someone via email. You cannot post the files for download on your own site. You cannot link directly to the download file on this site. If someone else wants it, they must visit this page and download it directly from this site. Also, derivative works made from the template may not be released (in other words, you can't change the design and then distribute it to others - it's for use on your own sites only).
- Read the Readme.txt file included in your download for instructions on how to install and use the theme.
- Remember that I do not offer technical support for the downloads. If you have simple questions, please post them as a comment on this post (do not email me about them), and if I can help I will. This way when I can't help, maybe another member can.
- Click the download link below.
- Save the file to your hard drive.
- Unzip / decompress the file (in Windows, right-click the file name and go to "extract all."
- That will save it to a decompressed folder.
Once you have the folder decompressed, you can upload the theme into your WordPress installation and activate it by clicking the "themes" link under "Appearance" from your WordPress admin. You can edit your theme files by visiting the "editor" link from the same menu.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Ad-Supported Content as a Blog Business Model [Podcast] - April 17, 2015
- Quick Tip: Protect Your Personal Information When Registering a Domain Name - April 14, 2015
- Show Off Your Manuscript and Book Marketing Plan in the Publish or Perish Writing Contest - April 13, 2015
- Weekend Reading: Books for Authors - April 12, 2015
- The History of the English Language [Infographic] - April 12, 2015