In addition to blogging about indie publishing, I run approximately two dozen websites. Some of those sites target small business owners in general and some were developed for an audience of other writers. Across those sites, I've created and accumulated some free resources.
Today I'd like to share a few of those free tools and templates that you might find useful as an independent author.
- Press Release Template -- This is a quick and simple press release template to use as a formatting guide.
- Book Launch Press Release Template -- This template is tailored more specifically to what you'd want to include for a book launch announcement.
- One Page Business Plan Template -- If you plan to start your own indie publishing company (even with a single book), you need a business plan. This short-form template helps you map out some of the basics quickly.
- One Page Marketing Plan Template -- This is similar to the one page business plan, but focuses on marketing. While you might have one general business plan, you could use this to create a simple marketing plan for each of your books or e-books.
- How to Write an E-book in Just 14 Days -- This free download was adapted from a 14 day e-book writing challenge on my freelance writing site a couple of years ago. This is not for those wanting full books in e-book form. This is for quicker information product e-books used more to promote other business interests or to drive traffic to a website.
- E-book Sales Conversion Calculator -- If you plan to sell e-books on your own site, this online tool helps you calculate sales conversions. Calculate past conversion rates when testing sales copy or use it to plan target sales figures to reach future conversion goals.
- Word Count Tracker - Simple -- This is the first of two word count trackers released on the freelance site for NaNoWriMo participants and others interested in tracking word count goals.
- Word Count Tracker - Advanced -- Here is a second word count tracker I contracted a while back. It's a bit more advanced than the previous one.
- One Page Project Planner Worksheet -- Here's another simple one-page template for you. This can be used for each project you have in the works to keep you organized pre-launch and post-launch. I use this for site launches, information product e-books, book manuscripts, and pretty much any project I take on through my business.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp 3rd Edition Released, Save 35% Through Cyber Monday - November 23, 2015
- How to Boost Your Writing Income Before the End of the Year - November 13, 2015
- What’s Your NaNoWriMo Plan? - November 2, 2015
- Productive Writing During NaNoWriMo (Infographic) - October 23, 2015
- Updates on the All Indie Writers Podcast - October 22, 2015