As a lead-in to my review of the WordPress Anthologize plugin coming later this week, let's look at turning your blog into a book (or using it to land a book deal). Whether you're trying to decide if that's the right option for you or you want to learn how you can blog your book, here are some resources that might point you in the right direction.
There are a mix of opinions here along with the pros and cons of going this route. So take it all in and make the right decision for your own niche, situation, and book idea.
- Blog a Short Book During National Book Blogging Month - By Nina Amir at HowToBlogABook.com
- From Blog to Book Deal: How 6 Authors Did It - By Brenna Ehrlich at Mashable
- How to Turn Your Blog Into a Book - By Scott Berkun at WordPress.com
- Should You Blog Your Novel? - By Rachelle Gardner at RachelleGardner.com
- 7 Tips for Turning Your Blog Into a Book - By Brian A. Klems at WritersDigest.com
- How to Self-Publish a Book With WordPress - By Sarah Gooding at WP Tavern
- Please Don't Blog Your Book: 4 Reasons Why - By Jane Friedman at JaneFriedman.com
Have you considered blogging a book? Have you used a blog to land a deal with a publisher? Tell us why you chose this path (or not) in the comments.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- An Open Letter on Trust, “Experts,” and Blogging - June 22, 2016
- 3 Month Blogging Challenge: The Pre-Launch Plan - June 21, 2016
- Get an Inside Look at My Blog Launch Process - June 17, 2016
- Writing Challenge Survey & a New “Coaching” Series - June 16, 2016
- Journalists & PR Pros Go Head-to-Head - June 14, 2016