As a lead-in to my review of the WordPress Anthologize plugin coming later this week, let's look at turning your blog into a book (or using it to land a book deal). Whether you're trying to decide if that's the right option for you or you want to learn how you can blog your book, here are some resources that might point you in the right direction.
There are a mix of opinions here along with the pros and cons of going this route. So take it all in and make the right decision for your own niche, situation, and book idea.
- Blog a Short Book During National Book Blogging Month - By Nina Amir at HowToBlogABook.com
- From Blog to Book Deal: How 6 Authors Did It - By Brenna Ehrlich at Mashable
- How to Turn Your Blog Into a Book - By Scott Berkun at WordPress.com
- Should You Blog Your Novel? - By Rachelle Gardner at RachelleGardner.com
- 7 Tips for Turning Your Blog Into a Book - By Brian A. Klems at WritersDigest.com
- How to Self-Publish a Book With WordPress - By Sarah Gooding at WP Tavern
- Please Don't Blog Your Book: 4 Reasons Why - By Jane Friedman at JaneFriedman.com
Have you considered blogging a book? Have you used a blog to land a deal with a publisher? Tell us why you chose this path (or not) in the comments.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- The Horror Writers Association Opens Its Doors to Indie Authors - July 24, 2014
- Recommended Resource: NameSilo for Domain Registrations - July 23, 2014
- Quick Tip: Speed Up Your WordPress Blog by Identifying Slow Plugins - July 22, 2014
- Ten Reasons to Launch an Author Blog - July 21, 2014
- Quick Tip: Use Media Directories to Find Freelance Writing Clients - July 15, 2014