Last week was my first full week working on the mystery novel draft. I didn't do so hot. I found myself repeatedly distracted by other work-related things.
But I know there are no excuses, so this week will be better (I start counting new weeks on Monday for anything work-related).
I promise, promise, promise that I will do my bare minimum of 500 words today.
On a positive note, one day last week I did try the double-session I mentioned (two separate 500-word blocks during the day). It worked well. If I can get myself in the habit of doing it regularly, I think that could be a good system for me. I got more done, without feeling like I was doing more - if only I could find ways to do that in all aspects of my life. 🙂
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Pen Names and Gender Anonymity (Podcast) - May 9, 2016
- Edward Beaman on Choosing His Freelance Writing Specialty - May 6, 2016
- Get Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writers - May 4, 2016
- Should You Critique a Friend’s Writing? (Podcast) - April 30, 2016
- Freelance Writer Survey: State of Content Marketing 2016 - April 29, 2016