Last week was my first full week working on the mystery novel draft. I didn't do so hot. I found myself repeatedly distracted by other work-related things.
But I know there are no excuses, so this week will be better (I start counting new weeks on Monday for anything work-related).
I promise, promise, promise that I will do my bare minimum of 500 words today.
On a positive note, one day last week I did try the double-session I mentioned (two separate 500-word blocks during the day). It worked well. If I can get myself in the habit of doing it regularly, I think that could be a good system for me. I got more done, without feeling like I was doing more - if only I could find ways to do that in all aspects of my life.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Add Static Content to Your Blog’s Homepage - May 5, 2015
- This Target Market Mistake Could Cost You Money - May 4, 2015
- The Best and Worst Times to Post on Social Networks - May 2, 2015
- It’s Writer’s Worth Month 2015! - May 1, 2015
- Selling E-books on Your Author Website [Podcast with Princess Jones] - April 30, 2015