Last week was my first full week working on the mystery novel draft. I didn't do so hot. I found myself repeatedly distracted by other work-related things.
But I know there are no excuses, so this week will be better (I start counting new weeks on Monday for anything work-related).
I promise, promise, promise that I will do my bare minimum of 500 words today.
On a positive note, one day last week I did try the double-session I mentioned (two separate 500-word blocks during the day). It worked well. If I can get myself in the habit of doing it regularly, I think that could be a good system for me. I got more done, without feeling like I was doing more - if only I could find ways to do that in all aspects of my life.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Mindly: A Simple, Beautiful Mind Mapping App - September 16, 2015
- Find an Extra Hour Every Day With a 5-Minute List - September 15, 2015
- Cut Down on Wrist Pain with a Vertical Mouse - September 9, 2015
- How to Use Books (and Amazon) to Find Great Blog Post Ideas - September 8, 2015
- Here are 5 Writing Mistakes You’re Probably Making - September 4, 2015