How would you like to earn your living as a professional blogger? If that sounds like an ideal career to you, there are three basic paths you can choose from:
- Get a full-time job as a blogger.
- Become a freelance blogger and blog for clients.
- Make money with your own blogs.
Let's focus on that last option -- blogging as a business model. Here are some resources you might enjoy that will help you come up with new blog revenue streams and get a better idea of what you can expect when you set out to make money from your blogs.
- 101 Ways to Monetize Your Website or Blog - By Steven Snell at VandelayDesign.com
- 12 Blogging Income Streams [And the Story of My 10 Year 'Overnight' Success] - By Darren Rowse at Problogger.net
- 20+ Monetization Tools for Your Blog - At Hongkiat.com
- How I Monetized a Blog in 30 Days: What Worked, and What Didn't - By Tyler King at LessAnnoyingCRM.com
- How Blogs Generate Income [Research/Charts] - By Heidi Cohen at HeidiCohen.com
- 20 Inspired Ways to Monetize Your Blog - By Jennine Jacob at HeartIFB.com
- Adding Revenue Streams Into Your Website or Blog - By Michael Gray at GrayWolfSEO.com
- No Wizardry Needed! The Ultimate Guide for Monetizing Your Blog - By Pratik Dholakiya at SearchEngineJournal.com
- Why You Can't Make Money Blogging - By Sonia Simone at CopyBlogger
- How Long Does it Take to Make Money Blogging? - By Frank at StealthSecrets.com
Note: The viability of revenue options and promotional methods change over time. Please keep that in mind when reading these posts and taking their suggestions. For example, you probably wouldn't want to take advice about publishing sponsored content these days unless you're well aware of adding the "nofollow" attribute to your links, and setting up exact match keyword phrase domain names is also generally considered a bad idea now, even if it wasn't just a year or two ago.
Do you make a living blogging through your own sites? What revenue streams have been the most effective for you? How long did it take you to reach your earnings goals, or are you still working towards them? Share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Weekend Reading: Author Branding - March 29, 2015
- Branding Tips for Writers (Podcast) - March 27, 2015
- Recommended: Write Better, Faster by Monica Leonelle - March 25, 2015
- Quick Tip: Create Custom WordPress Sidebars for Categories or Pages - March 24, 2015
- Reader Question: Grammar, Second Languages, and Book Soundtracks - March 23, 2015