How would you like to earn your living as a professional blogger? If that sounds like an ideal career to you, there are three basic paths you can choose from:
- Get a full-time job as a blogger.
- Become a freelance blogger and blog for clients.
- Make money with your own blogs.
Let's focus on that last option -- blogging as a business model. Here are some resources you might enjoy that will help you come up with new blog revenue streams and get a better idea of what you can expect when you set out to make money from your blogs.
- 101 Ways to Monetize Your Website or Blog - By Steven Snell at VandelayDesign.com
- 12 Blogging Income Streams [And the Story of My 10 Year 'Overnight' Success] - By Darren Rowse at Problogger.net
- 20+ Monetization Tools for Your Blog - At Hongkiat.com
- How I Monetized a Blog in 30 Days: What Worked, and What Didn't - By Tyler King at LessAnnoyingCRM.com
- How Blogs Generate Income [Research/Charts] - By Heidi Cohen at HeidiCohen.com
- 20 Inspired Ways to Monetize Your Blog - By Jennine Jacob at HeartIFB.com
- Adding Revenue Streams Into Your Website or Blog - By Michael Gray at GrayWolfSEO.com
- No Wizardry Needed! The Ultimate Guide for Monetizing Your Blog - By Pratik Dholakiya at SearchEngineJournal.com
- Why You Can't Make Money Blogging - By Sonia Simone at CopyBlogger
- How Long Does it Take to Make Money Blogging? - By Frank at StealthSecrets.com
Note: The viability of revenue options and promotional methods change over time. Please keep that in mind when reading these posts and taking their suggestions. For example, you probably wouldn't want to take advice about publishing sponsored content these days unless you're well aware of adding the "nofollow" attribute to your links, and setting up exact match keyword phrase domain names is also generally considered a bad idea now, even if it wasn't just a year or two ago.
Do you make a living blogging through your own sites? What revenue streams have been the most effective for you? How long did it take you to reach your earnings goals, or are you still working towards them? Share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Build Relationships With Reviewers Well Before Your Book Launch - October 21, 2014
- 71 Tools and Tactics for Your Book Marketing Plan - October 20, 2014
- Book Marketing Timeline: From Pre-launch to Post-launch - October 16, 2014
- Free Book Marketing Plan Outline - October 15, 2014
- Book Marketing Plans: Keep Market Research Simple - October 14, 2014